Seeking a person to manage a new high-end vegan restaurant/brewery located in Manhattan. We are looking for an experienced and thoughtful leader who is focused on cultivating teams and making sure, they perform at a consistently high level while creating a memorable guest experience. Must have a passion for hospitality and a hands-on management style and will grow into a brand manager and advocate as more locations are added. Candidate should have experience operating a full-service restaurant and building/leading teams that can thrive in a fast-paced environment. Responsible for delivering all aspects of the restaurant, including sales and revenue, excellent service, profitability, banquet sales, marketing, community relations, managing staff and restaurant operations that are also compliant with local, state, and federal law.
- Be attentive and adjust every aspect of the guest experience as needed to ensure an unparalleled experience of hospitality and excellence.
- Ensure excellence of every food and beverage item offered.
- Ensure a clean, beautifully maintained décor that fits the brand.
- Seek opportunities to connect with our community internal and external to the restaurant. Ensure that all team members understand and can articulate the key elements of the brand.
- Provides consistent feedback and training to staff. Makes sure that the guests needs are being met while also informing them on other options available to them.
- Providing a warm, friendly, and immediate greeting to all guests; explains and guide the guest in order to positively experience the restaurant style concept.
- Accurately practice, execute and enforce all Company initiatives and policies with improvement to quality, service and operations and ensure employee compliance.
- Properly executes the all front-of-the-house (FOH) functions, opening, mid- or closing shift, including guest relations, supervision of all FOH staff and staffing levels, proper restaurant ambiance, housekeeping, and set-up, food & beverage quality, bar, safety, and pace.
- Work with Exec. Chef and GM to determine best allocation of capital.
- Ensure maximization of covers and implementation of best practices in reservations process.
- Supervise team to maintain the excellence of the physical plant by working with the staff to address repair and maintenance issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Work with the GM to perform annual performance reviews for each employee to monitor performance and to set goals for each year.
- Meet or exceed budgeted numbers while continually burnishing the culture and brand.
- Work with the GM to coordinate and grow the private events business.
- Meet or exceed DOH regulations for sanitation by ensuring an A letter grade on all sanitary inspections.
- Minimum of 2-4 years Restaurant Manager experience, preferably in a high-volume casual or fine dining restaurant in a fast-paced high-volume environment.
- Ability to handle potentially stressful situations with guests and employees.
- Ability to resolve conflict while maintaining positive working relationships; with strong interpersonal skill and the ability to manage on all levels.
- Understanding of financial statements and be able to accurately report financial information.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Obtain and maintain current ServSafe and/or Foodservice Management Professional certifications for self and team (or the equivalent).
- Strong computer skills and the flexibility to learn and master new software and ordering systems.
- Hands-on management style; able to plan and anticipate needs.
- Fluent in English.
- Flexibility to work various shifts.
Health*, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance/AD&D,
Short and Long-Term Disability, FSA and HSA,
Legal and ID Shield,
Accident, and Critical Illness
Employee Assistance Program
401K Retirement Savings Plan Employee Discount
*The company pays 75% of employee only medical coverage; three plans are available. All other benefits are voluntary/employee paid. Medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, and 401(k) are all pre-tax.
About Belse Restaurant
Belse Restaurant is a new vegan craft brewery and 100% Plant Based Restaurant!
Belse Restaurant is based in Dallas and is hiring for their first NY location. We are building our team for a high volume establishment based around house made brews and comfort food. Our menu is a unique spin on the classics and made to satisfy all palates and our beer is brewed on site.
Our team is collaborative and inclusive, founded on respect, fun, and creativity. Benefits are available for full-time staff with a high potential for growth. This isnt just another gig, we are looking for people to be part of a developing team and grow with the company right from the start!