Would you like to have a more meaningful job in an animal advocacy organisation? Animal Advocacy Careers’ Fundraising Work Placement might be perfect for you!
This is an international program based on a remote, paid work placement at an animal advocacy organisation. You will be working as a fundraiser for approximately 3 months, doing part-time or full-time work.
YOU MIGHT BE A GREAT FIT IF:
- You can be persuasive, whether that’s in face-to-face conversations or in writing.
- You have experience that is applicable to fundraising, such as marketing, sales, campaigns, account management, event management, recruiting, consultancy or direct fundraising (ideal, but not required).
Additionally, you’ll need to have some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Good “people skills” and “emotional intelligence.”
- Familiarity with data, data analysis expertise, and an ability to make decisions based on evidence and testing.
- Good writing skills.
- The ability to tailor fundraising pitches to different donors.
- A problem-solving mindset and focus on maximising positive impact.
We particularly encourage applications from people from less privileged backgrounds, people of color and people from low and middle income countries.
- Transition your career into animal advocacy and develop one of the most in-demand skills in this area;
- Receive a compensation of $12,500 for the three months’ worth of work placement (equivalent to a salary of 50,000US$);
- Network and build relationships within the animal advocacy community and with other professional fundraisers participating in the program;
- Maximise your impact for animals by helping organisations get enough funding to take the movement to the next level.
Are you ready to boost your career and start helping animals for a living? Apply here: https://www.animaladvocacycareers.org/fundraising-work-placement
- After the deadline, we will send you an email letting you know whether we will proceed with your application or not.
- If we proceed, you will be asked to complete 2-3 hours’ worth of test tasks. We will then send you another email letting you know whether we will proceed with your application or not.
- If we proceed, you will have an interview to discuss your application and the programme. We will then send you another email letting you know whether we will proceed with your application or not.
- Application deadline: Sunday 1st May.
We recognise that this application process is more time-consuming than some. We offer compensation of $20 per hour spent on test tasks (up to a maximum of 3 hours), as well as $50 per interview. (Note that this payment might be taxable in your country and you are responsible for reporting it to your tax authority.)
Thanks for your interest in doing work that helps animals! We will be hosting an optional Q&A session about this role on Thursday 21st April, 6PM GMT. To join the Q&A, click this link on the 21st of April. Click here to add the event to your google calendar.
About Animal Advocacy Careers
Animal Advocacy Careers is an organisation that seeks to address the career and talent bottlenecks in the animal advocacy movement, especially the farmed animal movement. There are many billions of animals kept in appalling conditions; we provide careers services for individuals and organisations seeking to help them.
Services that we offer include an introductory online course, careers advice, a job board, a skilled volunteering board, and a recruiting service for effective animal advocacy nonprofits. We are optimistic that many of these services could be highly scalable if they are marketed successfully. For instance, our research suggests that the online course leads many individuals to make substantial changes to their career plans, but doubling the number of participants would not cost AAC much additional time or effort.