Are you interested in writing and communication, social media, marketing, travel, building online communities, and spreading the vegan message?
The Nomadic Vegan is seeking an intern who is available to work from 10 to 30 hours per week for 8 to 12 weeks (can work remotely from anywhere) and who has experience in social media and writing.
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong writing skills, an understanding of social media, and an innate curiosity about the world of online publishing.
This is a unique opportunity to develop crucial skills and gain experience in areas such as copywriting and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Through this internship, you will:
- Use your skills to promote a cause you care about
- Learn how to run an online business
- Expand your personal network of for-profit and non-profit contacts
- Learn about the latest trends in the ever-changing world of social media
- Strengthen your resume and receive a letter of recommendation for your good work
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Intern responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Curating vegan-related news items to share on social media
- Creating and sharing images and/or videos via social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter
- Engaging online with the worldwide vegan community
- Proofreading, basic copyediting, and writing articles
- Researching website and social media metrics to determine what kinds of posts perform best
- Assisting with website re-design
- Any other creative projects that may pop up, such as giveaways, live events, etc.
- Your creative ideas are welcome!
- Access to a working computer, Internet connection and smartphone
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and/or other social media platforms
- Ability to provide links to 1-3 social media profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Writing experience (even if on a personal blog)
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, inquisitive and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail
- Not afraid to ask questions!
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Experience and/or interest in travel writing/journalism
- Photo and/or video editing experience
- Some knowledge of graphic design
Interns may choose to focus either on social media or on writing/editing, depending on their skills and interests.
About The Nomadic Vegan
The Nomadic Vegan is a website and publishing company dedicated to promoting veganism across the globe, encouraging vegan travel, and showing people that they can be vegan anywhere and spread compassion everywhere.
We write about vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants, vegan dishes in traditional cuisines, animal-friendly tourism, vegan book reviews, and other topics related to vegan travel.
Our mission is to spread the vegan message far and wide and make it easy for people to find vegan food no matter where they go.
Please view our website here: thenomadicvegan.com