- $500 Sign On Bonus
- Competitive Wage
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Paid Time Off – Including Vacation, Sick and Mental Health Time Off
- 401(k) w/ company discretionary match
- Employee dining and wine discounts
- Referral Bonuses
Under the general direction of the Pastry Chef, the Pastry Line Cook focuses on daily mise en place and service for the restaurant and all other guest experiences. The Pastry Line Cook is responsible for overseeing and ensuring quality standards for all assigned areas. The position will have occasional contact with guests and thus a warm, genuine hospitality and willingness to assist the guest is paramount to achieving our goals for our guest’s experiences.
- Understand the quality requirements and expectations of the restaurant.
- Prioritize daily work schedules with fellow Chef de Parties, Commis and Externs/Stages.
- Assure all necessary items are in the restaurant at the start of the shift through personal inspection. Communicate any needs in an appropriate time frame, ensuring all ingredients represent our quality standards and are in line with the standards established by the Management Team. Communicate any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Assure all mise en place for assigned areas is finished and organized in a timely manner and to the standard of the restaurant.
- Responsible for the efficient, consistent, accurate and organized production of mise en place requested by the Sous Chefs, Chef de Cuisine, and Executive Chef/Owner. Assist in training and mentoring of your team members to assist them in achieving the team’s vision.
- Maintain an accurate recipe book and journal for techniques, making sure it is current with the menu and companies documentation procedures.
- Collaborate when appropriate in menu changes and development.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the properties, recipes, portioning, preparation, serving and health standards.
- Organize and prioritize daily responsibilities to ensure their timely completion.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work environment. Keep all areas clean and organized at all times.
- Work in tandem with the team to ensure standards are met or exceeded as it relates to appearance of the facilities, sanitation, and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Communicate effectively with all team members to assure standards are achieved.
- Take appropriate action to rectify any issues that may arise.
- Ensure equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and come prepared to contribute to ideation sessions.
- Provide mentorship to new and less experienced staff members.
- Flexibility to work varying shifts, evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as business dictates.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a fine dining restaurant.
- High school diploma
- Additional education, training, certificates, or experience may be required.
- Commitment to quality, excellence, and genuine hospitality
- Passion for creating unique guest experiences
- Ability to provide warm, humble, and knowledgeable service
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Willingness to continue learning about food preparation
- Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, extended hours, and holidays.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, reach with hands and arms for extended periods, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- To have a positive impact, taking responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with leadership team and team members
- To be decisive, accepting responsibility for making things happen, thinking ahead, and developing contingency plans
- To be an active listener, remaining present and open, providing verbal, non-verbal, and supportive feedback, and showing our respect and empathy with one another.
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your performance
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing environments
- To maintain high team focus via cooperation and support to other team members in the pursuit of department goals
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate the ethos of Kyle, Katina, and the management team
Each of the items listed is considered to be an essential function of the role. However, this list should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities of the position. Little Saint reserves the right to alter the duties of this role.
Little Saint is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Little Saint is committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive culture, fostering an environment of continual improvement, and offering opportunities for growth and career development.
About Little Saint
In the heart of historic downtown Healdsburg, Little Saint is an uplifting gathering place where food, music, art and conversations are good for the soul, the earth and our community. Anchoring the 10,000-square-foot Little Saint is a full-service farm-forward restaurant, cafe and wine shop from esteemed restaurateurs, Kyle and Katina Connaughton of three Michelin–starred SingleThread Farm and Restaurant. The building also hosts inspiring live music and conversations with thought leaders as well as a series of film screenings and performances to benefit local artists and our farming community.