- $500 Sign On Bonus
- Competitive Wage
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Paid Time Off – Including Vacation, Sick and Mental Health Time Off
- 401(k) w/ company discretionary match
- Employee dining and wine discounts
- Referral Bonuses
Under the general direction of the General Manager, the Host will greet guests as they enter the restaurant and show them to their table or waiting area. As the first point of contact when entering the dining room, the host sets the tone for a well rounded hospitality experience. The job of the host is to welcome guests, facilitate their entry into their dining experience and act as communicator between servers, management and the Floor Manager. To do well in this role you should be comfortable standing for long periods and managing a very busy shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Greet guests in a warm and friendly manner
- Pass all relevant guest information to all necessary staff members
- Monitor restaurant activity to determine seating availability and dining flow
- Maximize dining room seatings while maintaining efficiency and ease in each section
- Communicate with Maitre’D, management and service staff to ensure a smooth pace in the dining room
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS
- Relevant service experience
- Commitment to quality, excellence, and genuine hospitality
- Passion for creating unique guest experiences
- Ability to provide warm, humble, and knowledgeable service
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong task and time management abilities
- Willingness to continue learning about food, beverage, and service
- Willingness to work as part of an efficient team in a fast-paced environment
- Polite and engaging
- Neat and well-groomed appearance
- Availability to work nights, weekends, extended hours, and holidays
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, reach with hands and arms for extended periods, and lift up to 30 lbs.
- To have a positive impact, taking responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with leadership team and team members
- To be decisive, accepting responsibility for making things happen, thinking ahead, and developing contingency plans
- To be an active listener, remaining present and open, providing verbal, non-verbal, and supportive feedback, and showing our respect and empathy with one another.
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your performance
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing environments
- To maintain high team focus via cooperation and support to other team members in the pursuit of department goals
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate the ethos of Kyle, Katina, and the management team
Each of the items listed is considered to be an essential function of the role. However, this list should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities of the position. Little Saint reserves the right to alter the duties of this role.
Little Saint is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Little Saint is committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive culture, fostering an environment of continual improvement, and offering opportunities for growth and career development.
About Little Saint
In the heart of historic downtown Healdsburg, Little Saint is an uplifting gathering place where food, music, art and conversations are good for the soul, the earth and our community. Anchoring the 10,000-square-foot Little Saint is a full-service farm-forward restaurant, cafe and wine shop from esteemed restaurateurs, Kyle and Katina Connaughton of three Michelin–starred SingleThread Farm and Restaurant. The building also hosts inspiring live music and conversations with thought leaders as well as a series of film screenings and performances to benefit local artists and our farming community.