- $500 Sign On Bonus
- Competitive Wage
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Paid Time Off – Including Vacation, Sick and Mental Health Time Off
- 401(k) w/ company discretionary match
- Employee dining and wine discounts
- Referral Bonuses
We are looking for a professional Bartender with excellent communication skills to serve creative and farm-driven cocktails to our guests. Under the general direction of the Bar Director, the Bartender will greet guests, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages and food. They will also assist with preparation and processing of farm fresh ingredients utilizing proper tools, techniques, and equipment as well as handle basic cleaning duties. The successful candidate will have a neat appearance, and an engaging, friendly personality. They will be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Concocting recipes designed by the bar director in a timely, thoughtful, and appealing fashion.
- Setting up your station in an orderly way with the right amounts of prepared ingredients needed for service for the evening.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure the bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- In coordination with the Bar Director / Bar Supervisor, eventually developing cocktail recipes
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS
- Minimum 2+ years of related beverage and service experience
- High school diploma
- Additional education, training, certificates, or experience may be required.
- Commitment to quality, excellence, and genuine hospitality
- Passion for creating unique guest experiences
- Ability to provide warm, humble, and knowledgeable service
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Training and willingness to continue learning about food and beverage preparation
- Willingness to work as part of an efficient team in a fast-paced environment.
- A polite, engaging personality.
- Neat and well-groomed appearance.
- Meets state minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, extended hours, and holidays.
- Basic math, computer, and kitchen skills
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, reach with hands and arms for extended periods, and lift up to 50 lbs
- To have a positive impact, taking responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with leadership team and team members
- To be decisive, accepting responsibility for making things happen, thinking ahead, and developing contingency plans
- To be an active listener, remaining present and open, providing verbal, non-verbal, and supportive feedback, and showing our respect and empathy with one another.
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your performance
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing environments
- To maintain high team focus via cooperation and support to other team members in the pursuit of department goals
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate the ethos of Kyle, Katina, and the management team
Each of the items listed is considered to be an essential function of the role. However, this list should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities of the position. Little Saint reserves the right to alter the duties of this role.
Little Saint is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Little Saint is committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive culture, fostering an environment of continual improvement, and offering opportunities for growth and career development.
About Little Saint
In the heart of historic downtown Healdsburg, Little Saint is an uplifting gathering place where food, music, art and conversations are good for the soul, the earth and our community. Anchoring the 10,000-square-foot Little Saint is a full-service farm-forward restaurant, cafe and wine shop from esteemed restaurateurs, Kyle and Katina Connaughton of three Michelin–starred SingleThread Farm and Restaurant. The building also hosts inspiring live music and conversations with thought leaders as well as a series of film screenings and performances to benefit local artists and our farming community.