- $500 Sign On Bonus
- Competitive Wage
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Paid Time Off – Including Vacation, Sick and Mental Health Time Off
- 401(k) w/ company discretionary match
- Employee dining and wine discounts
- Referral Bonuses
Under the general direction of the General Manager and Assistant General Manager, the Server position leads the guest experience table side. The server is responsible for maintaining full understanding of the menu and has the ability to facilitate guests through both the food and the beverage offerings. The Server position works closely with the back serving team anticipating guest needs, marking tables and clearing tables. The Server position works closely with the Sommelier team as well as the Culinary team to curate pairings and coordinate fire times.
- Set up the restaurant for smooth operation on a daily basis. This included polishing silverware, folding napkins, polishing glassware, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Clean and organize tables before, while, and after guests have dined.
- Mark tables in unison with back servers in a designated section
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of both the food and beverage menus
- Present the food and beverage offerings to guests in a clear and concise manner
- Communicate with the sommelier and the expeditor to ensure proper flow of coursing and turning tables
- Ensure the restaurant is clean and presentable before, during, and after service.
- Help Kitchen Servers run food to tables making sure the quality of the food is at its highest level.
- Run beverages from the bar to tables in an appropriate manner.
- Provide warm, humble and knowledgeable service throughout the property
- Liaise with restaurant and outlet operations staff to ensure a seamless guest experience
- Attend daily briefings and relevant departmental and interdepartmental meetings
- Assist in creating a culture that encourages our staff to grow
- Support service team members
- Prepare all required paperwork including forms, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner
- Ensure Kaizen mentality in quality of guest experience, service, operational effectiveness, employee retention, and satisfaction
- Ensure consistent, thorough, and timely communication to peers, managers, guests, and vendors
- Continually strive to provide opportunities to advance the education and development of staff as it relates to food, wine, and service
- Understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations/ordinances that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the farm/restaurant/inn, its employees, and its guests
- All other duties as assigned by manager
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS
- Minimum 1+ years of related food, beverage, and/or service management experience in a fine dining atmosphere
- Commitment to quality, excellence, and genuine hospitality
- Passion for creating unique guest experiences
- Ability to provide warm, humble, and knowledgeable service
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple priorities under time constraints
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations and information with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen, communicate, and make connections
- Neat and well-groomed appearance
- A person of integrity; fair and consistent
- The ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend, reach with hands and arms
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Flexibility with a schedule that includes evenings, holidays and extended hours
- To have a positive impact, taking responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with leadership team and team members
- To be decisive, accepting responsibility for making things happen, thinking ahead, and developing contingency plans
- To be an active listener, remaining present and open, providing verbal, non-verbal, and supportive feedback, and showing our respect and empathy with one another.
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your performance
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing environments
- To maintain high team focus via cooperation and support to other team members in the pursuit of department goals
- To be a positive role model and demonstrate the ethos of Kyle, Katina, and the management team
Each of the items listed is considered to be an essential function of the role. However, this list should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities of the position. Little Saint reserves the right to alter the duties of this role.
Our team fosters an environment of inclusiveness, the aspiration for continual improvement, and opportunities for growth and career development.
Little Saint is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Little Saint is committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
About Little Saint
In the heart of historic downtown Healdsburg, Little Saint is an uplifting gathering place where food, music, art and conversations are good for the soul, the earth and our community. Anchoring the 10,000-square-foot Little Saint is a full-service farm-forward restaurant, cafe and wine shop from esteemed restaurateurs, Kyle and Katina Connaughton of three Michelin–starred SingleThread Farm and Restaurant. The building also hosts inspiring live music and conversations with thought leaders as well as a series of film screenings and performances to benefit local artists and our farming community.