Line Chef – Full time role £11.50-£12.00 per hour plus service charge
- Working with the Executive Chef, Head Chef and the kitchen team to maintain high standards in the quality of food both as to its preparation and its presentation
- Working in all areas of the kitchen depending on the daily needs of the kitchen
- Preparation of a whole range of food.
- To observe all Company Food Hygiene and Health and Safety policy
- To assist the Head Chef to check the completeness of all suppliers’ deliveries and the correctness of their invoices
- To set out, maintain and monitor high standards of cooking and presentation
- Ensuring the kitchen is left clean and tidy at all times
- Ensuring that all completed foods are correctly wrapped, labelled and put in out-fridge for each event
- To ensure that all completed jobs are fully checked off before shift ends.
· Controls cost by minimizing spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising strict portion control
· Ensure that cost control policies and procedures are followed
- Ensures freshness and suitability of products used by the section and that they are stored properly
- Ensures smooth running of the section during service.
Qualifications & Experience
· Has significant experience in a similar position.
· Strong knowledge of Health and Safety and Food safety.
· Must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Behaviours & Skills
· Has a passion for food
· Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
· Is an excellent team player with exceptional communication skills
· Must be able to handle pressure.
· High attention to detail.
· Must possess good communication skills
About The Holy Carrot
About The Holy Carrot
At Holy Carrot we're on a mission to change the perception of plant-based food with globally inspired dishes that not only taste good but feel good.
Our goal is to create a warm and inviting environment with a menu that focuses on using ethically sourced, seasonal produce, prepared in a mindful manner. For us, that means using the best quality ingredients from our beloved suppliers. We care about what our customers consume, that's why our dishes are free from preservatives, refined sugar, additives and mostly gluten free.
The bar is fully stocked and offers a beautifully crafted cocktail menu with a twist on the classics and with no added sugar! We also have a delicious selection of smoothies, Juices and non-alcoholic drinks. Our wine list consists of a selection of Vegan, Biodynamic, Organic and natural world wines.
Offering all-day dining from Tuesday to Saturday The Holy Carrot is the perfect place to meet, hang out, eat and drink, any time of the day, from 12 noon to 10 pm.
To find out more about what we do, please visit our website: https://www.holycarrot.co.uk/