Salary: Starting at £9.25 p/hr (dependent upon age and experience) plus service charge & tips
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join our team at Jungle Bird as an apprentice chef. We are a tropical Tiki Bar & Vegan restaurant opening our inaugural site in Birmingham city centre in mid-late April 2022. Our menu is focused on vibrant and fresh 100% vegan small plates inspired by Polynesian and Caribbean cuisine.
You will be joining a team of some of the most forward-thinking and well-respected Vegan chefs in Birmingham, supported by an equally impassioned front-of-house team.
If you’re passionate, hard-working and want to be a part of an independent 100% vegan restaurant and bar and help shape its future then please get in touch.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! All training will be provided, with a genuine path to progression for the right candidate to start you on your future as a chef, with on the job training from some of the best in the business. Of course, any and all relevant experience is a bonus!
Key roles & responsibilities:
· Cleaning and organizing countertops, kitchen walls, stoves, ovens, grills and sinks
· Cleaning the entire kitchen once it is closed to ensure it is ready for the next day
· Maintaining the food storage areas like freezers and refrigerators
· Receiving deliveries and organizing them in the kitchen
· Assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food to the highest standard
· Comply with and have full knowledge of regulations regarding Health and Safety
· Undertake any reasonable duties that may be assigned by the Head Chef
· Fortnightly pay for hourly paid staff
· Staff discount on all food and drink
· Complementary meals on shift
· Professional growth, development & mentorship. Opportunities to rise within an expanding business
· Creative input where possible and the ability to learn and showcase new skills.
About Jungle Bird
Jungle Bird, a new independent tropical cocktail bar and Vegan restaurant establishing its first venue in April 2022 in Birmingham City Centre looking for passionate, creative and hardworking chefs to join our vastly experienced team made up of Birmingham's most well-respected bar and restaurant operators.
Taking inspiration from exotic flavours and the cult of Tiki, Jungle Bird offers decadent, freshly crafted cocktails and mocktails, natural wines, 100% Vegan beers and vibrant Vegan small plates taking their cue from Polynesian, Caribbean and Louisianan cuisine all delivered within a fun environment.
The opportunity is there to join an exciting independent business at the very start and help shape its future looking to expand into new sites and exciting new projects.