Animal Advocacy Careers (AAC) is looking for a new board member to expand and diversify our team, ideally with experience in HR or fundraising, but all interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Availability: Approx 2 hours per month
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
AAC is a relatively new nonprofit (registered in 2021) with a small, high-performing global team. We are seeking a board member who is personally excited about AAC’s mission to strengthen and expand the animal protection movement. Board members at AAC provide support, strategic guidance, and insights to ensure AAC is growing sustainably and making a positive impact. We currently have specific needs for candidates bringing experience in the areas of fundraising and HR.
- Attend four full board meetings each calendar year with the potential for a few additional adhoc meetings as needed.
- Select and evaluate the performance of the CEO
- Ensure strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Support fundraising efforts and help ensure strong financial sustainability
- Provide strategic guidance on AAC’s programs and services and their impact.
- Assess its own performance as the governing body of AAC
- Be knowledgeable about AAC’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve AAC’s mission
- Follow AAC’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions
- Avoid conflicts of interest and fully comply with AAC’s conflict of interest disclosure policy.
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of AAC.
- Strong commitment to AAC’s mission, programs, and objectives.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing an inclusive working and learning environment and promoting diverse ideas and experiences.
- Maintain a high level of ethical and legal responsiblity.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other board or staff members of AAC in an organized, prompt manner.
- Bonus: Experience in nonprofit fundraising or HR policies.
HOW TO APPLY
Thanks for your interest in working with us to help animals!
- Please complete our application form by clicking on the apply button. It consists of a few question prompts and a link to attach your cv. We expect that the application shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes
- Please also confirm you have the capacity to be available for a minimum of 2 hours per quarter to attend board meetings and review documents. We will let you know if we are proceeding with your application within two weeks of receiving it.
- Next steps in the process would be two short interviews that will not require more than two hours total.
- We expect to make an offer to the successful candidate before the end of February and we’ll let you know if this changes.
- Application deadline: January 6th
*“Unnecessary animal suffering” = animal suffering which is preventable or that we believe through working on the topic is in our power to alleviate and make animals lives substantially less b
About Animal Advocacy Careers
Animal Advocacy Careers is an organisation that seeks to address the career and talent bottlenecks in the animal advocacy movement, especially the farmed animal movement. There are many billions of animals kept in appalling conditions; we provide careers services for individuals and organisations seeking to help them.
Services that we offer include an introductory online course, a job board, and a work placement programme. We are optimistic that many of these services are highly impactful. What’s more, our audience is growing rapidly, and we have more than doubled the number of participants in our online course in 2022 compared to 2021.