Reporting to the Café Manager, you will collaborate with our Front of House team to provide excellent vegan food and hot drinks to our climbers and visitors at the centre. As a Catering/Café- Front of House Assistant, you will ensure that food safety and Hygiene standards are always of high quality.
At the Castle, we are committed to improving our sustainability ethics and values. The Café is a big part of this commitment, utilising our garden’s seasonal fruit and veg and using ethical suppliers whenever and wherever possible.
This exciting role provides exposure to a different and creative type of food service, and you will have many opportunities to be part of our development.
- Provide excellent customer service to hungry members and visitors. This will include understanding our Vegan range food options and handling and preparing hot drinks as a professional barista.
- Providing a friendly service for our customers and members
- Facilitating the entry of our customers, in line with the Castles’ health and safety policies, especially food safety and allergens
- Answering customer queries by phone, email and in person
- Administration of our customer database and bookings systems
- Provide customers with advice and facilitate the sale of climbing equipment
- Working with the Managers and colleagues to ensure a safe and friendly working environment for our customers and staff
- Collaborating with all front of house departments
- Working cross departmentally in front of house
We will offer training for each area but a friendly attitude and customer-service focussed approach are a must! Experience of working within a café, catering and or hospitality is essential.
About Castle Climbing Centre
The Castle offers a diverse and wide range of Climbing facilities to cater for all. Based in Stoke Newington, the centre is a Grade II listed Victorian Water pumping station, with a Café, shop, outdoor boulders, and community gardens. A friendly and enthusiastic team, we are passionate about providing the highest quality facilities in a fun, motivated, and inclusive environment. Sustainability is an integral part of the centre’s vision and values. It is integrated into every aspect of the business, especially within our Café, where we try to source a lot of our produce from the community gardens onsite. We offer a variety of vegan food.
The Front of House roles at the Castle are varied and busy offering training and work across all three departments: Café, Reception, Shop
As a Front of House team member, you will have a “home department” where you will do most of your hours, this could be in the Café, however in addition to your “home department” you would also work across the other FOH areas to help support the teams.
This means you get variety and stability all at the same time!
On your shift you could be working in….
The Café, ensuring our community have our great coffee and vegan food range available to fuel their climbs! Providing a high level of customer service and good knowledge of our sustainable produce and vegan food products.
Reception, ensuring our customers receive a very warm welcome. Providing information about the centre, ensuring the correct forms and paperwork are filled in, or offering information on our climbing facilities, memberships and more.
The Shop, ensuring you provide an amazing level of customer service and enthusiasm with your knowledge of climbing equipment, shoes and all other great products we have available for our climbing community.