ProVeg International is responsible for organising a number of high-profile impactful international events such as the New Food Conference and New Food Invest, as well as attending and shaping major events such as UN global climate summits, where ProVeg organised the first food systems pavilion at COP27 in Egypt. ProVeg country offices organise national events – often with very limited team resources. In addition, ProVeg leaders and programme managers attend, speak at or otherwise support a range of international events, and we host a large number of B2B webinars and related events.
To ensure the smooth running of such events, increase internal alignment, coordination, and continuous improvement (growth, impact, efficiency and increasing synergies), we are recruiting an International Event Coordinator. Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is your middle name?
We are seeking an experienced and talented Event Coordinator to join our International Operations team and support the planning and coordination of ProVeg and participation in third-party events, as well as provide advice, support, and best practices to ProVeg grantees and other partner organisations. If you are a highly organised, flexible and proactive events professional with a passion for promoting plant-based and sustainable food choices, we would love to hear from you.
- Reports to: Head of International Operations
- Department: International Operations
- Location: Remote (ideally in the UK, NL, BE, DE, PL, CZ, or ES)
- Hours: 32-40 h per week
- Salary: depending on qualifications, experience and location. As an indication, it would be approximately £28,000 – £32,000 if based in the UK
- Event Coordination: Support the coordination and management of ProVeg International events and presence at partner events (virtual and on-site), including staff attendance at events, scheduling, budgeting, vendor management, risk management and on-site support.
- Event tools: Develop and maintain event-related templates, tools, and best practices to ensure smooth event execution.
- Partnerships and collaboration: Act as a liaison with other partner organisations, including ProVeg Grantees, to support event organisation and logistics, provide advice, and share best practices and templates.
- Internal integration: Collaborate with colleagues and other stakeholders to ensure seamless communication and implementation to ensure successful events.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL): Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning team to develop and implement MEL strategies for events, measure event outcomes and achievements, and identify areas of improvement for future events.
- Event promotion: Collaborate with the Communications team to develop and implement event promotion and marketing strategies, including social media campaigns, email marketing, and other promotional activities to maximise event attendance and engagement.
- B2B outreach: Leverage relevant industry connections to enhance event planning and execution, secure sponsorships or partnerships, and stay updated with the latest trends and best practices in event management.
- At least 2 years of direct experience in organising successful large-scale events, preferably in a fairly autonomous role that included management responsibilities.
- Strong organisational and coordination skills, with attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of event-related Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) strategies and best practices.
- Experience in event promotion and leveraging industry connections.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, while also being a team player.
- Willingness to travel internationally and work outside of regular office hours as needed.
- Passion for ProVeg International’s mission and values.
- Experience in organising international events, including working with diverse cultures, languages, and time zones.
- Knowledge of sustainable event practices and ability to implement sustainable strategies in event planning and execution.
Benefits of working with us
- A strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget
- Flexible working arrangements
- And last but not least: become part of a great team and work with us towards building a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and the planet
- Application deadline: 31. May 2023
- Start date: Beginning of July 2023
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply. In 2020, ProVeg signed the German Diversity Charter, a voluntary pledge and non-profit organisation that promotes the recognition, appreciation and integration of diversity in business culture.
In 2021, ProVeg took part in the Inklupreneur project and has set the goal of creating nine inclusive positions for people living with disabilities over the next three years.
In 2022, ProVeg scored 88.1% in the PRIDE Index, the LGBTIQ+ Diversity Performance Index, over 20 percentage points above the overall average of 67.9%.
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter addressing your motivation and how you meet the person specification criteria and a CV. Please submit your application in English using our online form, and tell us how you found this job ad. (https://proveg.com/jobs/) Thank you!
The recruitment process includes:
1. Online test
2. Phone interview with HR
3. Online trial task
4. Senior Management interview
5. Final decision
About ProVeg International
ProVeg International is a food awareness organisation working to transform the global food system by replacing 50% of animal products globally with plant-based and cultivated foods by 2040.
ProVeg engages with all relevant stakeholders to create a food system where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet.
ProVeg has received the United Nations’ Momentum for Change Award and works closely with key UN food and environment agencies.
We have observer status with the UNFCCC and the IPCC, special consultative status with ECOSOC, and are accredited for UNEA.
ProVeg creates global impact, with offices in 11 countries across four continents and more than 200 employees.