The ProVeg Incubator is the world’s first and among the leading incubator and accelerator programmes for plant-based, fermentation and cultivated food startups. Our team supports pioneering entrepreneurs to build and grow impactful food and food-tech companies, launch products and services and secure investment. As part of the International food awareness organization ProVeg International, our mission is to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040.
We are seeking a passionate and highly enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Programme Manager. In this position you will play a central role in driving the success of the Proveg Incubator. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee and manage the end-to-end execution of our incubator programme ensuring that participants receive the guidance, mentorship and support necessary to achieve their objectives. You will get to work with some of the most exciting startups in food tech globally. To succeed in this position, you should have excellent project management skills, international experience, great communication skills and be passionate about working towards building a more sustainable food system with us.
- Role: Permanent, Full-time
- Hours: 40 hours/week
- Location: Berlin or Remote (ideally in Poland, Netherlands, UK, South Africa, Czechia or Germany)
- Reports to: Co-Head/Partnerships Lead
- You have full ownership in further developing the existing incubator programme and take strategic decisions in terms of structure and content
- You identify opportunities for improvements of the services we offer, including mentors, community building and networking
- You are responsible for coordination with startups and delivery of a comprehensive curriculum including, scheduling, hosting workshops, talks and networking events
- You coach and support startups throughout the program as well as alumni, e.g. on fundraising, go-to market and strategy
- You monitor and evaluate the services offered and the impact generated at the Incubator
- You are in charge of building strong knowledge management processes for all programme-related activities
- You keep up to date with the alternative protein and food tech startup scene to find and engage promising talent and startup teams early on
- You are actively involved in the selection process and support in assessing promising startups for the incubator
- You have at least 1-2 years experience in programme management/project management ideally at an incubator or accelerator or entrepreneurship support organisation
- You have a degree in Business Administration, Economics or related / other relevant field
- Ideally you have some experience or education within food or biotechnology
- You have excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines effectively
- Your solutions-oriented approach helps to get things done
- Ideally you have experience working with or in startups
- You have a strong understanding of the food innovation and/or startup ecosystem, including industry trends, challenge and opportunities
- You possess excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills to engage with a diverse stakeholders, including startups, mentors, investors, and industry experts
- You are outgoing and confident, and enjoy to network and represent the incubator and ProVeg with professionalism
- You have a passion for entrepreneurship and food innovation and want to help startups success and build a more sustainable food system
- You work proactively, thinking creatively to generate original and relevant ideas to continuously improve the incubation and acceleration programme
Benefits of working with us
- The opportunity to work closely with groundbreaking startups from all over the world that are building the future of our food system
- Build a strong foundation for a career in the food tech startup ecosystem and impact investment
- Become part of a great team in one of the world’s leading incubators for alternative proteins startups globally
- Strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget with plenty of room for initiative, independence and responsibility
- Flexible, trust-based working arrangements and home office arrangements
- A supportive, open and diverse work environment
Application deadline: open until filled
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a motivation letter and CV. Please submit your application only using our online form via https://proveg.com/jobs/ and tell us how you found this job ad. Thank you!
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply. Since July 2021, ProVeg has participated in the Inklupreneur project and has set the goal of creating nine inclusive positions for people with disabilities over the next three years.
About ProVeg International
ProVeg International is a food awareness organisation working to transform the global food system by replacing 50% of animal products globally with plant-based and cultivated foods by 2040.
ProVeg engages with all relevant stakeholders to create a food system where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet.
ProVeg has received the United Nations’ Momentum for Change Award and works closely with key UN food and environment agencies.
We have observer status with the UNFCCC and the IPCC, special consultative status with ECOSOC, and are accredited for UNEA.
ProVeg creates global impact, with offices in 11 countries across four continents and more than 200 employees.