WHO WE ARE
The Humane League (THL) is a global nonprofit ending the abuse of animals raised for food. THL fosters a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving, and we have earned recognition as Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, we’ve grown to a staff of 90+ talented individuals dispersed across the country and around the world. At The Humane League (THL), animal welfare is at the forefront of our everyday work. As such, many of our staff are vegan by personal choice, and all of our THL-hosted events offer fully vegan menus. We welcome all mission-aligned candidates to apply, no matter where you are in your journey to end the abuse of animals raised for food.
As the Digital Mobilization Specialist (DMS), you will be instrumental in nurturing our audience of supporters and inspiring them to take action for animals. You will oversee and execute many of our digital mobilization tactics spanning across email, SMS, sign up forms, and internal web applications. This position reports directly to the Digital Mobilization Manager.
This is a full-time, remote position. We are only able to consider applicants who reside in the United States and possess United States work authorization. This position provides the opportunity for optional domestic travel for staff retreats; this is equivalent to approximately 1–2 trips per year. We will be recording a webinar hosted by Dani Fahs, Digital Mobilization Manager, and Christina Sargsyan, Talent Acquisition Coordinator. You can submit any questions you would like answered regarding the role and The Humane League via this form. Please submit any questions by August 28 and the webinar will be available to watch here after August 30.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in partnership with Communications subteams (Content, Design, Video, Digital Products), Development, Campaigns, Organizing, and Public Policy to coordinate production of effective digital action-driving touchpoints (such as petitions, advocacies, and other digital actions) to maximize digital impact for our campaigns in ways that also build rapport and long-term relationships with our supporters.
- With support from the Digital Mobilization Manager, oversee five critical action-driving mechanisms that underpin our mobilization efforts, in alignment with team and organizational goals:
- Coordinate, build, and maintain sign up forms (including advocacies, petitions, action pledges, etc.) for our core programs and projects.
- Coordinate and maintain several automation series that fuel ongoing campaign engagement, as well as building new series that accompany the creation of new sign up forms.
- Coordinate, build, and maintain digital actions through THL’s internal, action-driving, web-based applications which seamlessly plug THL supporters into our campaigns work.
- Use web-based tools to coordinate, build, and maintain digital actions for the Open Wing Alliance (OWA)that can be distributed throughout the global OWA member organization network, and serve as a support to the OWA for routine digital mobilization needs.
- Manage a successful SMS program, ensuring that we maximize the potential of our broadcast SMS in support of rapport-building and mobilization efforts (in partnership with Campaigns, Development, and Organizing).
- Using Every Action, Google Analytics, and internal reporting databases—report back insights and optimization recommendations to stakeholders across teams to help improve supporter engagement.
- Ideate ways to leverage our digital tactics to help drive supporters to ever-higher levels of sustainable engagement, tailored to their behavior and interests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You must have hands-on experience working within a content management system (CMS), Customer Relationship Manager (CRM), Short Message Service (SMS), Project management system, and report building / data visualization platform.
- Some examples include WordPress, Contentful, Wix, Squarespace, Every Action, Engaging Networks, Zapier, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, Hustle, ThruText, Spoke, Asana, Basecamp, Trello, AirTable, Google Analytics, Metabase, and Tableau.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess most, if not all the following qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Exceptional ability to manage digital tools and platforms, including complex forms, web-based applications, and more.
- Strong project management and prioritization skills with the ability to collaborate across multiple teams and stakeholders simultaneously to produce high-quality, digital assets and content.
- Experience with producing compelling short-form messages (e.g. SMS or social media content) that aim to drive engagement.
- Results-driven and analytical mindset with the skills to analyze datasets and draw insights to help inform short term and long term strategy across multiple channels.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to thoroughly testing and optimizing digital assets to make them as functional, concise, and accurate as possible.
- Self-motivated, with a commitment to follow-through and accountability.
This position is available until 1:00pm PDT/2:00pm MDT/3:00pm CDT/4:00pm EDT on Wednesday, September 13, 2023.
The initial application review will happen after the application closing date above. Once your application has been reviewed, you will be notified via email with further details on the status of your application. If a candidate is moved forward, the interview process will be as follows:
- Work Simulation Exercise (completed remotely)
- First Interview (via video call
- Second Interview (via video call)
- Reference Check
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation range for this role is $65,493 – $80,047. At The Humane League, we believe in maintaining a fair and equitable work environment for all employees. As part of our commitment to transparency and equity, we recently implemented a job architecture framework, which levels all of our roles according to size and complexity, as well as a compensation step system, which allows us to account for an individuals total years of related experience when determining their compensation. In addition, we have adopted a no negotiation policy for salaries. To determine a jobs level, we carefully consider a variety of factors, including a job’s size and complexity, required experience, knowledge, and/or skills, internal comparability, and market data. To determine final compensation, experience will be measured by considering prior work in jobs or activities that are related to the role at THL. These new practices are aligned with our organizational values and will help us ensure we maintain clear, consistent, transparent, and equitable HR processes.
Employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, pet care & Rx discount plans, working from home, up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for eligible employees, paid holidays, flexible vacation time, professional development, and the supportive environment at The Humane League!
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Humane League is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. We trust individuals to self-identify and ask for the accommodations they need. An example of an accommodation might be extra time to complete a work simulation exercise, among many others. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We value original work and thought in the application process; with that being said, please refrain from using artificial intelligence to generate your responses. By submitting this application you agree to comply with this. Violations of this policy may result in being dismissed from the hiring process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to this policy, please see above for more information.
About The Humane League
We exist to end the abuse of animals raised for food by influencing the policies of the world’s biggest companies, demanding legislation, and empowering others to take action and leave animals off their plates.