We welcome and encourage applications from people of color, indigenous, trans individuals, and people with disabilities. Sinergia Animal is committed to fostering an inclusive environment.
Terms of Employment: Part Time (20 hours per week)
Reports to: Campaigns Director – Latin America
Position Location: Remote – Peru
Remuneration: To be defined
Language requirement: Fluent English, Native Spanish
About Sinergia Animal
Rated as one of the world’s most effective animal protection organizations by Animal Charity Evaluators, Sinergia Animal is an international campaigning organization working in countries in the Global South (specifically Latin America and Southeast Asia) to reduce animal suffering and promote more compassionate food choices.
We use negotiations, investigations, peaceful direct actions, and innovative campaigning methods to expose the suffering of farmed animals and to help build a world in which no animals are exploited for food.
About the position
The campaigns coordinator will join our local team in pressuring major food corporations to implement policies to phase out the use of animal products that originate from the worst forms of animal production systems, with a focus on intensive confinement practices. In Peru, our current ask is for companies to stop using or buying eggs from hens confined in cages. The successful applicant will be an assistant to the campaigns manager and will coordinate activists and gather information for campaigns targeting local and regional companies. The person will also help the team with translations from English to Spanish and vice versa.
- Research food companies’ profiles and key contacts and help the team build a database
- Coordinate activists and campaign activities along with the local campaigns manager
- Travel regionally, as necessary, to attend and coordinate campaign actions
- Represent Sinergia Animal and its campaigns at public events and within the NGO and animal protection communities at large
- Work with Sinergia Animal’s international team in translating and developing campaigns materials, writing and translating press releases, planning media strategies, and developing proactive relationships with our PR agency
- Build alliances with other international and grassroots NGOs
- Carry out different activities assigned by the supervisor, director, or president and follow all procedures set by Sinergia Animal
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Peruvian citizen currently living in Lima, Peru.
- Excellent oral communication, writing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent research skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and in close coordination with a remote team
- Must be able to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Strong time management skills
- Commitment to the mission and objectives of the organization
- Commitment to non-violent direct actions
- Affinity for animal rights issues and a vegan lifestyle are highly desirable
- Previous experience in business, communications, or campaigning with the media or NGOs is a plus
Enthusiasm and proactiveness are very important to us. If you don’t tick all the points on this list but are very excited about this role, we want to hear from you.
Sinergia Animal has an Internal Development Program that can support you in developing skills needed, including language.
About Sinergia Animal
We work in the low- and middle-income countries of the Global South — in Southeast Asia and Latin America — to reduce the suffering of animals exploited by the food industry and reduce animal product consumption by promoting more compassionate and healthy diets. This is particularly challenging because animal product consumption is steadily increasing in the Global South, where animal agriculture has grown the most in the last 30 years. Intensive farming practices are becoming the predominant model in Latin America, Asia, and Africa.