We welcome and encourage applications from people of color, indigenous, trans individuals, and people with disabilities. Sinergia Animal is committed to fostering an inclusive environment.
Terms of Employment: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Development and Finance Director
Position Location: Latam – Remote
Remuneration: To be defined according to location
Language requirement: Spanish fluent, English Intermediate, Portuguese optional
About Sinergia Animal
Rated as one of the world’s most effective animal protection organizations by Animal Charity Evaluators, Sinergia Animal is an international campaigning organization working in countries from the Global South (specifically Latin America and Southeast Asia) to reduce animal suffering and promote more compassionate food choices.
We use negotiations, investigations, peaceful direct actions, and innovative campaigning methods to expose the suffering of farmed animals and to help build a world in which no animals are exploited for food.
About the position
The goal of this position is to assist our local team in building an effective and reliable community of volunteers, activists, and supporters to help us in our mission to reduce animal suffering in Latin America by conducting campaigns and events. This position will engage in tasks such as coordinating volunteers for various activities and events, recruiting activists for online and street actions, managing the local volunteer group, attending and organizing events for brand awareness and fundraising, and engaging with individual donors.
- Help build a strong and united community of volunteers and activists in Lima and Quito, with the possibility to expand the work to other cities
- Secure a high level of participation of activists in online and street actions
- Lead regular meetings and trainings with volunteers and activists
- Create, engage, and organize a community of qualified volunteers
- Organize the participation of Sinergia Animal in vegan and related events to increase brand awareness and supporter base
- Engage with existing and potential individual donors via email and phone calls
- Help with the logistics of delivering gifts to individual donors
- Travel regionally, as necessary, to attend and coordinate campaign actions
- Represent Sinergia Animal at public events and within the NGO and animal protection communities at large
- Build alliances with other international and/or grassroots NGOs
- Carry out other activities assigned by the supervisor, director, and/or president and follow all procedures set by Sinergia Animal
- Peruvian or Ecuadorian citizen currently living in either Lima or Quito
- Excellent oral communication, writing, and proofreading skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and in close coordination with a remote team
- Ability to work within deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Strong community-building skills
- Commitment to the mission and objectives of the organization
- Commitment to non-violent direct actions
- Affinity for animal rights issues and a vegan lifestyle are highly desirable
- Previous experience in business, communications, or campaigning with the media or NGOs is desirable
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend not to apply for jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Enthusiasm and proactiveness are very important to us, and if you’re excited about the role, we want to hear from you. Sinergia Animal has an Internal Development Program that can support team members in developing any skills they may need, including language.
About Sinergia Animal
We work in the low- and middle-income countries of the Global South — in Southeast Asia and Latin America — to reduce the suffering of animals exploited by the food industry and reduce animal product consumption by promoting more compassionate and healthy diets. This is particularly challenging because animal product consumption is steadily increasing in the Global South, where animal agriculture has grown the most in the last 30 years. Intensive farming practices are becoming the predominant model in Latin America, Asia, and Africa.