Hetu is at a very exciting point in its journey as we are about to expand our shop and offer even more vegan zero waste options.
We are looking for an absolute superstar all-rounder who is looking to really own this role and grow with us.
The position is currently part-time, but for the right candidate, it has the potential to evolve into a permanent Shop Manager role.
As we evolve, so will this role, so we are looking for someone very flexible and willing to roll with the punches
Kitchen Assistant 40% – approx
- Making nut mylks, baked goods, mixing trail mixes etc. and being creative with suggesting other zero waste food options for sale in the shop
- Keeping the kitchen clean and tidy and clear of hazards
- Monitoring use by dates and ensuring all products are used prior to reaching expiry
- Taking return bottles/containers and ensuring they are sanitized correctly for reuse
Shop Assistant 60% – approx
- Ensure products are kept well stocked and the shop is clean, tidy and safe at all times
- Assisting customers with product advice, assistance with weighing and refilling – always with a smile and helpful approach
- Managing shop recycling and composting
- Receiving, opening and recording deliveries
- Monitoring low stock items
IS THIS YOU?
- Passionate about reducing your footprint and helping others do the same
- Passion for creating healthy vegan food/snacks with at least 1 year’s previous kitchen experience
- Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety Certificate
- Confident and excited to work with the public
- A strong work ethic and integrity
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and public holidays as needed
- Ability to lift heavy food sacks and lift 5kg’s to head height
- Previous customer service experience
- Experience of selling fruit & veg would be beneficial
- Available for an immediate start
Hetu was London's first fully vegan zero waste shop which opened in December 2017.
We offer unpackaged food, plastic free toiletries, cleaning products in bulk and much more. All products are vegan, cruelty free and palm oil free with over 90% being organic
Our philosophy is to have the health and well-being of the planet and all its inhabitants at the core of everything we do