Are you passionate about food?
Do you aspire to create a more sustainable future for yourself and others?
Have you been working in the food industry, but feel that your value isn’t being recognized currently? – OR – Have you wanted to work in the food industry but don’t know where to get started?
Do you dream about joining a team that is focused on “big picture solutions” for a better world?
If so – let’s chat!
Cashier / Front of House:
- Provide an open and welcoming environment for all customers
- Answer any customer questions and be able to provide restaurant information and safely serve food
- Have knowledge and understanding of all menu items, ingredients, and dietary information. Be able to assist in guiding suggestions for dietary restrictions.
- Demonstrate proper food handling, sanitation, and cleanliness standards at all times
- Operate POS system – accurately entering guest orders and tendering payment
- Handle all payment transactions with accuracy – both cash and credit cards
- Perform any additionally assigned work and cleaning
- Ensure that items kept in deli cases are at the correct temperature and labeled correctly at all times
- Front line area set up, maintenance of fill levels and cleanliness, and break down (as needed, depending on shift)
- Adheres to the policies and standards as outlined in the HeyO! Employee handbook
- Thrives working in a team environment
- Food Handlers Certification (if you do not currently hold a valid Food Handlers Certification card – that’s ok – but you will be required to complete and pass the Food Handler’s test prior to full HeyO! employment status).
- Follows proper Health Code and safety guidelines at all times
- Able to stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Able to lift up to 50lbs at a time
- Possess basic math skills
- Have friendly and clear communication skills
- Detail oriented and attention to quality
- We have an “all hands on deck” attitude and you may be expected to perform other tasks outside of the above outlined duties as needed
- Passionate about food and possesses a desire to create a better world
Want to explore our menu and learn a bit more? Visit HeyOeats.com
We’d love to hear from you – First step, fill out this application linked here: https://heyoeats.com/work-with-us
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About HeyO! eats
We’re passionate entrepreneurs looking to take our experience within the food industry to help craft a more sustainable and harmonious future. Our first company is IGZU, the world’s first bottled bamboo leaf tea, which can currently be found throughout California and Hawaii, as well as internationally. Our whole mission is to make more sustainable food and make that easily accessible to the everyday consumer. We’ve decided to start a new venture in our own backyard, which is HeyO! eats – a fast-casual, 100% plant-powered, counter-service restaurant located in downtown Mountain View, CA.
We’re all about creating 100% plant-powered good times, so that includes nosh-worthy eats and a thirst-quenching tap rotation, ranging from non-alcoholic kombuchas, as well as adult kombuchas, to regional, hard-to-find brews and seasonal wines.