We’re looking to hire an on-site manager to be the face of our small vegan hotel. This job requires a bit of everything but there is an emphasis on customer service. You will be interacting with guests (checking them in and out), coordinating cleaning and construction contractors, helping with food service, and keeping an eye out for maintenance issues.
The on-site manager is provided with a room on the pool and garden level at the hotel. We are in downtown Christiansted so you can walk to shops, restaurants and the boardwalk along the Caribbean Sea.
The weekly number of work hours required ranges from 30-50 depending on guest and hotel needs. Salary is negotiable based on experience. The minimum compensation is $1800/month plus housing and utilities. Benefits are available after being an employee for one year.
We are seeking a manager who is excited about our vision and wants to grow with our business.
- Welcome guests and make sure their needs are met
- Manage bookings
- Manage housekeeping staff
- Program keyless locks
- Assist with serving breakfast
- Assist with public events (classes, parties, ect.)
- Maintain pool
- Sweep walkways
- Feed the Tortoises
- Receive mail
- Address minor repairs
- Pay contractors (plumbers, electricians, dishwashers)
- Execute emergency plans
- Communicate hotel issues and operations to owners
- Food handler’s card (can be obtained upon hiring)
- 1 year of customer service work experience
- Experience working independently
- Comfortable climbing stairs
- Able to safely carry 50 pounds.
- Proficient with computer programs and able to use cloud-based calendars and file-sharing.
- Driver’s License
- Experience working with reservation systems
- Hotel management work experience
- Experience working in vegan businesses
- Construction or building maintenance experience
- Experience living in culturally diverse areas
About Sugar Apple Bed and Breakfast
We are one of the newest vegan hotels in the Caribbean, located on the island of St Croix, in the US Virgin Islands. We are committed to providing an authentic and friendly experience for our guests. The hotel is located on a 250+ year old Danish-built property. It first became a hotel in the mid-1900s and was a popular destination for writers. The exciting thing about the Sugar Apple being a vegan hotel is that there is already a large population on St Croix that is vegan through the association with Rastafarian traditions. The Sugar Apple is working with other local business owners to leverage the products that everyone offers and create a vegan island destination for travelers worldwide.