Vegan Butcher responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Striving for a high standard of food production quality
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Preparing food in a timely manner and taking pride and care with products created in house
- Assist with inventory control, product stocking, rotation and waste management
- Answer, report to and follow Kitchen Manager’s and supervisors instructions
- 18 years of age or older and able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to read, write and perform simple math problems
- Able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- Read, understand, follow and speak basic cooking directions and standardized recipes.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices and food safety guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager on duty
- 2 years experience in a kitchen or bakery
- Prior experience in a high volume kitchen
- Proven cooking and food preparation experience in a professional setting
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients and equipment
- Able to work well with others as a team member
- Mandatory weekend availability
About The Herbivorous Butcher
The Herbivorous Butcher is America's first vegan butcher shop strives to create small-batch, all-natural vegan meat and cheese alternatives that are always fresh, flavorful, and protein-rich. We pride ourselves on a commitment to produce products of the highest quality while also creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We’re seeking like minded individuals who have a passion for food, helping people, and developing a sustainable business to make a positive impact on the community they live in.