As a growing international food awareness organisation, many different challenges await you at ProVeg in the role of Office Manager. Besides ensuring the smooth running of ProVeg office in Berlin, you would be responsible for optimising the operational processes of our office, coordinating with external service providers and being the go-to person if help is needed in the office.
- Serving as a contact person for general queries from staff members.
- Optimising of internal administrative processes such as negotiating with current or new service providers.
- Operating as a link between the Office Management and IT departments.
- Supporting staff with managing their travel plans.
- Providing access to credit card and bank data for order placing (account management).
- Processing of all incoming and outgoing mail and goods, monitoring of inventories.
- Dispatching of national and international (express) shipments.
- Coordinating with external service providers (e.g. locksmith, cleaning company, property management).
- Onboarding and offboarding of new employees.
- Optimising operational processes: finding better service providers, simplifying or automating processes.
- Serving as the go-to person” for “unexpected office needs” (door jammed, chair missing).
- Supervision of new federal volunteers and interns within the Office Management team.
- Taking care of orders.
- Identification with the objectives of ProVeg, conscious handling of scarce resources, interest in the administration of a performance-oriented NGO, sense of order and accuracy.
- A positive, proactive, respectful and enthusiastic work attitude.
- Strong collaboration and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a team and to develop and maintain positive employee relations.
- Analytical and solution-oriented way of thinking.
- Self-starter personality with a genuine interest in developing new approaches and finding new solutions.
- Talent for project management and prioritisation of tasks (efficient, independent, reliable), with experience in working with project management software.
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English.
- Physical resilience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office / Libre Office / G Suite.
Benefits of working with us
- A strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget.
- Flexibility around working arrangements.
- Delicious and healthy vegan lunch every day at our Berlin office, unlimited supply of fresh fruits.
- And last but not least: Become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet.
Reports to: the Team Leader of Office Management
Department: Office Management
Hours: 20-40 h per week (flexible working arrangements may be considered)
Contact: Two years, with the possibility of extension
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter and CV and can be submitted in either German or English. Please tell us how you found this job ad! Please send us your application using our online form. (https://proveg.com/jobs/) Thank you!
If you have successfully made it to the long list of applicants, you will be invited you for a phone interview usually within 2 weeks after the application deadline. Following the successful shortlisting, the next steps would be:
- Online task
- A face-to-face interview
- If applicable an optional “trial day”, that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you are applying for. This step helps us to get to know you and your way of working better and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and us
- The final decision may require an additional interview, usually with Senior Management
Application deadline: 18.8.2019
Phone interviews: End of August
Face to face interviews: End of August
Start date: September/October 2019
About ProVeg International
ProVeg is an international food awareness organisation with the mission to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040. We are active in eight countries across four continents and are growing rapidly. We work with governments, private companies, public institutions, medical professionals, and the public to help the world transition to a more plant-based society and economy that is sustainable for humans, animals, and our planet.
We base our strategy on empirically-based evidence whenever possible. We seek to stay abreast of the latest research to inform our strategic considerations and outreach materials. We evaluate all of our programs to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best way to reach our goal.
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn through constructive feedback. Changing the global food system is a big task, and we seek out team members who think outside the box. Creative thinking and critical problem-solving skills are vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals. We believe that an organisation that includes all types of voices is a more effective organisation.