ProVeg International is seeking an experienced and committed Finance & Operations Manager to oversee all financial aspects of the newly established US branch, as well as certain aspects of the International organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for the US organization’s financial health, operations management, legal compliance, and dispersing payroll & benefits, and will work closely together with the ProVeg US Executive Director as well as the Board. They will also disperse grants abroad and administer payroll for international staffers.
The Finance & Operations Manager will be a reliable professional with a broad knowledge of all accounting, financial and, ideally, charity-specific principles. They will be a strategic thinker who can make the best decisions in line with our organization’s vision, mission and values. The goal is to guide ProVeg US towards sustainability, growth, and long-term success.
1. Financial systems, reporting, and compliance:
- Set up and manage the organization’s finance, IT systems, & online donation platforms, and ensure that systems provide seamless access to financial information and enable strategic budgeting.
- Seek out methods and practices to minimize financial risk and ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines.
- Oversee audit and tax functions, ensure that the organization’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation, remain public-support compliant with public support testing, and meets all IRS tax & reporting requirements.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to the executives and donors (income statements and balance sheets, and/or other reports as requested).
- In conjunction with the International Executive Team, develop license and framework agreements for ProVeg International and its overseas offices.
2. Budgeting, financial management and cash flow:
- Manage the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director and the board.
- Direct day-to-day bookkeeping operations, including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, cash flow, forecasting, and credit cards.
- Manage online donations as well as Paypal, paper-check and cash donations.
- Distribute ProVeg International and CEVA grant payments.
3. Payroll and staffing:
- Manage ProVeg US payroll, reimbursements, benefits, tax requirements, and international contractor reimbursements as needed.
- Assist with US employee onboarding and implement letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field; graduate degree or CPA preferred.
Proven experience, with a minimum of three years of working in finance, ideally in the non-profit sector.
Experience in United States nonprofit accounting (e.g. revenue recognition, public support testing, 990 reporting).
Working knowledge of GAAP, audits, and other United States regulatory requirements in the nonprofit financial field.
Excellent IT skills, including Office, with advanced proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks.
Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work independently with limited supervision in a fast-paced, small, yet rapidly-growing nonprofit work environment.
Excellent English required; additional language skills preferred.
Dedication to ProVeg’s mission & vision required; adherence to a vegan lifestyle strongly preferred.
- Salary: $50-55,000 USD annual, depending on experience.
- Health coverage reimbursement.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 5 paid national holidays, 5 paid sick days.
- Provision of work laptop.
- Flexible, trust-based working arrangements and home office arrangements.
- Strong organizational focus on personal development, with designated training budget.
- Mindfulness Program.
- We are a workplace that encourages everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We are an inclusive workplace for our diverse employees around the world.
- And last but not least: Become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and the planet!
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter and CV. Please send us your application using our online form (https://proveg.com/jobs/) and tell us how you found this job ad. Thank you!
If you have successfully made it to the long-list of applicants, you will be invited you for a phone interview, usually within two weeks of the application deadline. Should you be shortlisted, the next steps will be:
- An online task.
- A face-to-face interview (remote possible).
- If applicable, an optional “trial day”, that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you are applying for. This step helps us to get to know you and your way of working better and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and the organisation.
- The final decision may require an additional interview, usually with Senior Management.
Reports to: ProVeg US Executive Director, International CEO
Location: US, remote (home-based, ideally west or east coast)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Application deadline: September 06, 2019
Phone interviews: Flexible
Face to face interviews: Flexible
Start date: Immediate
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of color, minorities, women, people of all genders, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, people of all age groups, and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
About ProVeg International
ProVeg is an international food awareness organisation with the mission to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040. We are active in eight countries across four continents and are growing rapidly. We work with governments, private companies, public institutions, medical professionals, and the public to help the world transition to a more plant-based society and economy that is sustainable for humans, animals, and our planet.
We base our strategy on empirically-based evidence whenever possible. We seek to stay abreast of the latest research to inform our strategic considerations and outreach materials. We evaluate all of our programs to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best way to reach our goal.
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn through constructive feedback. Changing the global food system is a big task, and we seek out team members who think outside the box. Creative thinking and critical problem-solving skills are vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals. We believe that an organisation that includes all types of voices is a more effective organisation.