As a growing international food awareness organisation, many different challenges await you at ProVeg in the role of Office Manager. Besides ensuring the smooth running of ProVeg office in Berlin, you would be responsible for optimising the operational processes of our office, coordinating with external service providers and being the go-to person if help is needed in the office.
- Serving as a contact person for general queries from staff members.
- Optimising of internal administrative processes such as negotiating with current or new service providers.
- Operating as a link between the Office Management and IT departments.
- Supporting staff with managing their travel plans.
- Providing access to credit card and bank data for order placing (account management).
- Processing of all incoming and outgoing mail and goods, monitoring of inventories.
- Dispatching of national and international (express) shipments.
- Coordinating with external service providers (e.g. locksmith, cleaning company, property management).
- Onboarding and offboarding of new employees.
- Optimising operational processes: finding better service providers, simplifying or automating processes.
- Serving as the go-to person” for “unexpected office needs” (door jammed, chair missing).
- Supervision of new federal volunteers and interns within the Office Management team.
- Taking care of orders.
- Identification with the objectives of ProVeg, conscious handling of scarce resources, interest in the administration of a performance-oriented NGO, sense of order and accuracy.
- A positive, proactive, respectful and enthusiastic work attitude.
- Strong collaboration and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a team and to develop and maintain positive employee relations.
- Analytical and solution-oriented way of thinking.
- Self-starter personality with a genuine interest in developing new approaches and finding new solutions.
- Talent for project management and prioritisation of tasks (efficient, independent, reliable), with experience in working with project management software.
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English
- Physical resilience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office / Libre Office / G Suite.
Benefits of working with us
- A strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget.
- Flexibility around working arrangements.
- Delicious and healthy vegan lunch every day at our Berlin office, unlimited supply of fresh fruits.
- And last but not least: Become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet.
About ProVeg International
ProVeg International is a food awareness organisation with the mission to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040. We launched earlier this year and are active in four different countries – the UK, Germany, Poland, and Spain – with more to follow in 2018. With effective campaigns, international events and other innovative projects, ProVeg supports a transition to plant-based living, providing the public with practical help, tips and information in order to make more informed dietary choices. Animal Charity Evaluators rates ProVeg as one of the most effective organisations working against animal suffering in Europe.