The Restaurant Manager will be responsible for the team at one Beyond Sushi location. They will lead by example, demonstrating consistent enthusiasm for our food, our mission and brand and most importantly, the growth and development of the team around them.
- At least two years of experience with a full service dining establishment
- Leadership and time-management skills
- Ability to coach and develop all employees
- Knowledge of proper food handling techniques and procedures / NYC Food Handler Certificate required
- Demonstrated customer and personal service skills
- Ability to not only identify problems, but also find long-term solutions
- Lead by example through demonstrated knowledge of every position and responsibility we place on the team
- Recognize that you are a part of that team, and be able to work well with others
- Able to take direction and give feedback
- MUST be someone that has a sense of urgency and moves with a purpose
- Future-focused while achieving daily tasks
- Available to work weekends, holidays, etc with open availability
- Knowledge of wine, beer, and sake
- Knowledge of dietary restrictions including various allergies
- MUST be a great communicator
This position will be approximately 50hrs. / week but may extend further depending on the daily, weekly, and monthly needs of the restaurant.
Competitive salary based on level of experience.
About Beyond Sushi
Beyond Sushi is a chef-driven, vegan sushi concept at the forefront of the healthy vegan food movement. Our fundamentals are simple: Eat clean and leave a lasting impact on our planet.
In July 2012, we opened our first location – a humble storefront on East 14th Street. Since then, we have grown to six locations in Manhattan.
At Beyond Sushi, we appreciate the wholesome produce that Mother Nature has gifted us. Therefore, we avoid all meat and seafood alternatives in our ingredients. Chef Guy Vaknin and his culinary team have elevated the meaning of eating vegan by offering a fast-casual menu with high-end appeal. By fusing unconventional pairings of fruits, vegetables and whole grains along with meticulous preparations, Chef Guy has crafted a forward-thinking menu including vibrant sushi, dumplings, rice paper wraps, salads and noodle soups. In May 2017, Beyond Sushi opened our flagship, full-service restaurant serving an extensive dinner menu in addition to our core offerings.
Our mission is to serve high-quality and accessible plant-based food. We aim to make healthy food choices effortless and compassionate - one plate at a time.