PLANTHROPIE is looking for an extraordinary and talented Conscious Makers to join our team and mission to revolutionize the health food scene at our flagship café downtown Birmingham. Be a part of the first dessert and cheese bar creating plant based foods and drinks as art and medicine. We’re looking for passionate candidates that resonate with our mission and ethos to provide an exceptional guest experience while leading, supporting and partaking in our cafe operations.
Qualities and responsibilities include:
- Passionate about nutrition, wellness, community and our planet, eager to partake in transforming health through food by educating others, takes pride in work and becomes a proud brand ambassador
- Prepares our healing, adaptogenic, alcohol-free cocktails/beverages of consistent high quality according to the brand specifications and guest requests
- Assists in dessert & small bites plating, and follow artistic presentation techniques according to brand guidelines
- Take inventory and replenish items in display cases, the bar area, at tables, or behind the counter
- Maintains knowledge of menu items and recipes to effectively service our guests
- Follows proper food safety and sanitation procedures, security procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions
Required Skills and Experience
- Barista/mixologist and/or customer experience required
- Food preparation experience is a plus
- Kind, authentic, committed and engaging personality
- Highly organized, motivated and eager to continue training and learning about food and drinks as art and medicine
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- Company swag, in-store perks
- Flexible hours
Compensation: $10-$12/hour + Tips. Compensation will be determined upon qualifications and interview.
Please submit your resume, references, and cover letter telling us why you would be a perfect fit in our team. We will contact candidates to arrange accordingly.
PLANTHROPIE is a conscious brand on a mission to create vibrant food as art and medicine. From our flagship bar, online shop to menu consultations and education, we handcraft the purest wholesome desserts, and artisanal cheeses using the finest organic raw ingredients found in the world. Yet our mission extends beyond the beauty and goodness of plant-based food to inspire kindness and wellbeing through education and intentional partnerships.