Status: 6 months, Part-time
Hours: 20 hours/week
Location: Home Office, Country of Residence
Reports to: Communications Manager, 50by40
We are seeking a Communications Intern to work for the global initiative 50by40 which focuses on significantly reducing global animal product consumption. The Communications Intern will work directly with the Communications Manager, taking the lead on creating first drafts for varied content (newsletter, blogs, presentations),uploading, editing and basic design and provide internal and external communications support.
- Creation of drafts of fortnightly newsletters, blogs and any other written pieces
- Uploading blogs to the website – designing them on WordPress
- Creating, editing, designing presentations
- Create communication guidelines for various purposes
- Help with the creation of social media kits
- Help with keeping the website updated
- Content creation for events, rapid media response, and more
- Participate in the global working group on strategic communications (Long term)
- Research on new projects as and when required
- Strong writing skills in English and preferably other UN language
- Experience in writing for diverse audiences across various comms platforms
- Strong organisational skills, including documentation of all work, familiarity with Gdrive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective listening
- The ability to show initiative, be proactive, and have quick turn around on work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and social competences
- Experience working remotely within dispersed teams
- Knowledge of the innovation food and global food sector
- Strong motivation to support the food movement and alignment of your values with those of 50by40
- Stipend of $200 per month/- for a period of six months (with a possibility for extension dependent on both parties)
- Flexible, part-time, trust-based working arrangements and home office arrangements
50by40 is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. People of colour, minorities, women, people of all genders, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, people of all age groups, and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send your cover letter, CV and a sample of your writing to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
We are a global, collective impact organisation aiming to create a fair, healthy and compassionate food system. Our vision pursues a 50% reduction in the global production and consumption of farmed animal products by 2040, with the remaining production systems being environmentally and socially sustainable, regenerative and humane, achieved via a just transition of the farming system.
50by40 functions as a platform builder and network convener of partners, stakeholders, and rights-
holders from all sectors, movements and geographies without attempting to directly solve issues or replace any expertise on the respective foci of the stakeholders and rights-holders.