We are searching for an enthusiastic Event Manager with a “can-do” attitude to assist our organization in hosting events that enhance our organization’s image, raise funds for operational costs and campaigns, and connect with our members, legislators, and the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify requirements and expectations for each event
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and supervisors during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order
- Assist with volunteer management during planning stages and day-of
- Keep up to date records in appropriate spreadsheets and shared folders to enable ease of access for other HAP leadership
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes
- Maintain event budgets
- Book venues, entertainers, photographers, and schedule speakers
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the proper standards
- Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings
- Respond to HAP leadership emails and calls within 48 hours
- Be prepared and on-time for meetings and events
- Share and support HAP’s mission and core values; adhere to HAP’s policies
- Other duties as needed
Time Commitment Required
Varies. HAP executes one large fundraising event per year in the spring, the Heroes Awards Reception (commonly referred to as the “gala”). Planning for this event will begin as early as the completion of the prior year’s gala and could require an hour per week throughout the year, with more as the event draws closer. Other event assistance and planning on as needed basis.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to present yourself in a friendly, professional, and nonpartisan manner
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions, and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Google Drive, Trello, and Dropbox, or a willingness to learn
Training on HAP’s values, policies, and core values, including orientation on campaign missions and status.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Know you are key to making a difference in the betterment of animals by educating the community on important animal-related issues
- Take your passion for animal protection and put it into action
- Be a valued HAP team member
- Build your volunteer resume and develop research and communication skills
- Network with the greater animal protection, legislative, and event planning communities of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, and Pennsylvania
What Volunteers Can Expect from HAP
- Support of HAP leadership and members
- Respect and appreciation for your contribution and input
About Humane Action Pittsburgh
Humane Action Pittsburgh is a group of nonpartisan citizens dedicated to advancing animal protection through education and action.