Hey – thanks for looking at our ad, HT is run by me (Mike) and my sister, Beth. We’re currently a small team but looking to expand quickly. Like a lot of businesses, we had to move a large part of our business online as a result of Covid, we think we’ve got through most of the teething problems and so are now looking for someone who can help us with day-to-day running of the store. There will be opportunities to expand into other areas of the business, and potentially for management opportunities as we grow our team if that’s of interest to you 🙂
We’re looking for full time Online Store Assistant to work with us in our Haringey Commercial Kitchen (based in an old chocolate factory that’s now been transformed into an artspace). The ideal candidate will bring a friendly and professional attitude to help us maintain and grow our fantastic experience for our online customers. There is significant opportunity for this individual to grow with our business and take on more responsibility as time goes on and as our team expands.
This role will requiring some problem solving, efficient time management and the ability to meet deadlines i.e. packing in time for courier pickups each day. Great organisational skills are a must; however, all training will be provided on the job and help will always be at hand.
Please be aware that this is a physical role and requires a fair amount of fitness and stamina. Training and appropriate equipment will be provided for any lifting/physical tasks where required. You will also be expected to work during our peak December and Veganuary periods.
You will need a level two food safety certificate in due course, but we will put you through the training for that if you do not already have it.
- Packing and dispatching online orders to our customers
- Chopping and packaging Honestly Tasty cheeses, labelling & dating
- Working with food products and ensuring safe packing for transport
- Maintaining high standards of health & safety
- Performing administrative tasks such as data entry and record keeping for our online orders
- Communicating with couriers to arrange parcel pickup times
- Communicating with management on any issues or progress updates
- Performing stock checks, checking expiry dates and ensuring adequate stock management and rotation with support from management
- Maintaining stock delivery records and unpacking stock deliveries
- Excellent time management and organisational skills for working towards daily deadlines
- Strong attention to detail is essential for accurate packing of orders
- Thoroughness and good communication skills
- Able to work using own initiative and as part of a team to ensure work is consistently carried out to a high standard
- Flexible to adapt within a growing business
- A friendly and calm disposition, with positive attitude and a sense of humour!
Desirable (/non-essential) skills:
- Have picking and packing/order fulfilment experience
- Customer service experience
- A passion and interest in plant-based food
- Experience using Shopify, Gmail and Excel
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Hours are 9:00-17:00 (flexible) 5 days a week (which days are yet to be finalised and there will be a degree of flexibility around your schedule.
- Salary: £21,000 pa + TBD Bonus Scheme for implementation of time saving ideas
- 40% staff discount on all products
- 20 Days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- On-facility parking
- Small lunch area with microwave and staff fridge
- Tea, Coffee, and Snacks proivded from a top class ‘snack bucket’
- Next to a Brewery with vegan pizza and drinks
- Opposite a vegan restaurant / Pub (Karamel N22, where we often go for Lunch)
- We have a projector, sometime we watch Rick and Morty alongside a whole bunch of trash TV
- You will periodically be exposed to our very niche music taste
- Beth makes jokes sometimes
In line with the Asylum & Immigration act all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
About Honestly Tasty Ltd
Honestly Tasty designs and produces vegan cheeses that are nothing like the stuff you find in the supermarkets (yet...). Our two signature cheeses are the best-sellers at the UKs only vegan cheese monger, and we have plans for another 3 new cheeses in the near future. As with many businesses we had to open an online store as a result of the Covid Crisis, and now we've dealt with most of the teething problems, we're looking for someone to help us take it forward!