Artisan Raw Ltd. is an ambitious new company making organic, dairy-free nut-based “cheeses” as well as developing a range of other healthy raw products.
We are now looking for an engaging and tenacious NPD Technician to manage the projects from the concept stage through to launch. You will ensure the smooth and safe running of the NPD projects in order to guarantee the delivery of new product development across the company’s entire portfolio. You will support the company with sourcing ingredients, formulating new products and product testing for new projects. You will help to conduct sensory panels and analyse cost requirements to meet the needs of the project. Along with this, you will be actively involved in the production and presentations of product capabilities.
You should be prepared for a role where you will be running the production of our product as well as developing new products ready to be manufactured. It is crucial for you to be advanced in the food presentation and plating techniques and to match the product with the overall brand concept and prepare the product for photoshoots.
This role would ideally suit an accomplished Food Science or Technology graduate or candidates with experience within the scientific or food manufacturing sector. Hands on NPD experience and with familiarity in R&D or test kitchen environments that you can build upon would be great for this role.
You will be a confident communicator who prides themselves on using their own initiative and self-drive to achieve set goals autonomously as well as in a team setting. A natural juggler who is able to prioritize and manage multiple demands from different stakeholders with a confident and collected attitude. Curious in nature you will take every opportunity to learn and continue in your personal and professional development.
Our Ideal Candidate would:
· Have a Degree in Food Science, Nutrition or Product Development – Essential
· Have experience in culinary arts and recipes development from scratch or additional SKU R&D
· Possess cooking skills, HACCP knowledge
· Have a good understanding of product shelf life, microbiology and food quality
· Prioritise food safety and hygiene standards, maintain 5 stars hygiene rating
· Be commercially and computer savvy, able to maintain and develop inventory software, previous experience with Unleashed and Salesforce would be an advantage
· Understand mass production techniques and machinery as well as the specific qualities and shelf-life of different ingredients
· Technical knowledge of product and packaging development, quality systems and legislation
· Food production: cooking raw, vegan cheeses; food quality control
· Oversee packaging and labelling of the product
· Work on food styling, presentation & plating for photoshoots
· Food inventory management, administrating regular stock counts and provide immaculate record keeping and documentation necessary
· Formulating new recipes and improving existing ones to meet cost and efficiency targets
· Development of new products from product concept to launch; process development and improvement, project management, production support, product reformulation
· Driving the technical development and implementation of packaging, identifying and delivering total cost savings and improving quality; ensuring packaging specifications meet the needs of the business
· Leading and supporting packaging innovation and design, to create competitive advantage
· Source ingredients and identify wholesale vendors of raw materials and packaging; working with suppliers to develop fit for purpose technical solutions and adherence of suppliers to organic certifications of the product
· Conduct water activity test and shelf-life tests, micro bacteria, other chemical tests if necessary
· Observing strict sanitation rules, the Soil Association Organic and SALSA standards, as well as food preparation guidelines
· Support applications to Food Standards Certifications and Food Awards Panels
· Monitoring of products for defective items and helping to fix the sources of defects; devise and implement control systems to monitor operational efficiency and performance of system and materials;
· Actively managing technical risk by proactively identifying risks and developing mitigation plans
· Support of products distribution and samples sending
Note that you will be expected to be at the company’s manufacturing premises as per the current U.K. government guidance on COVID-19.
We encourage young professionals and graduates with the relevant experience to apply for the role. We would also consider Tier 2 General visa sponsorship for the successful applicant.
Starting salary: £27,400
About Artisan Raw
Artisan Raw Ltd. is an ambitious new company making organic, dairy-free nut-based "cheeses" as well as a range of other healthy raw products. We believe that you shouldn’t compromise on taste to enjoy cheese in a healthy, guilt-free way. That’s why we introduce our range of handmade 100% plant-based che*ses that combine cashew excellence with superfood goodness.