Hey! We make artisan vegan cheese in an old chocolate factory that’s been transformed into a space for artists, start-ups, and non-profits. We’re a small team but growing fast and in need of some extra help in the kitchen!
We’re looking for someone friendly, and willing to help out with all jobs around the kitchen – from helping produce the cheese to cleaning up at the beginning and start of shifts.
We’re finessing the rota but likely to need someone available to work 3/4 shifts between Monday – Saturday (either 7am – 1pm or 2pm – 10pm). There’s scope to pick up extra shifts during December and Veganuary too, and we imagine there’ll be picking and packing for festive orders as Christmas approaches. A vegan of all trades please!
Start date: Immediate
- Ensure a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene
- Keep the kitchen clean and ready for use at the end of each shift, wiping down surfaces and equipment, sweeping and mopping up
- Cleaning utensils, pots, pans and any equipment used in the kitchen production area
- Working effectively as part of a team and undertaking other reasonable tasks delegated by our kitchen manager
- Level 2 food safety qualification is a bonus but we can provide the training/exam
- Willingness and motivation to do a good job, as part of a friendly (we think!) team
- Ability to be on your feet for long stretches of time
- Ability to time effectively, in terms of prioritising tasks
- Salary: £10.75/hour
- 40% staff discount on all products
- On-facility parking
- Small lunch area with microwave and staff fridge
- Tea, Coffee, and Snacks provided
- Next to a Brewery with vegan pizza and drinks, we’re a social bunch
- You’ll get to try all our experiments and new products (not always a benefit…)
- We have a projector in the kitchen and hope you’re a Rick and Morty fan…. other TV suggetions welcome (no pressure!)
In line with the Asylum & Immigration act all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
About Honestly Tasty Ltd
Honestly Tasty produces artisan vegan cheese - not like the stuff you find in the supermarkets (yet...). Our two signature cheeses are best-sellers at the UK's only vegan cheesemonger, and we've got lots of plans in pipeline...