Vietnam Animal Aid and Rescue is a vegan animal rescue center located in Hoi An, Vietnam. We are looking for an immediate full-time shelter manager with previous animal care experience. Our current shelter staff is leaving in January and we need immediate replacements onsite for training before she goes.
This position is onsite–housing will be provided. Your primary responsibilities will be taking care of the animals and maintaining the facilities. Some other responsibilities will include:
- Shelter animal management
- Meeting daily medical needs, enrichment, nutrition, and exercise
- Rescue and rehabilitation
- Shelter facility management
- Daily cleaning, maintenance, shopping and DIY/gardening
- Precise record keeping
The ideal candidate will hold most of the following qualities:
- Is currently living in Vietnam
- Minimum of 3 month commitment
- Experience working with animals, especially that of a shelter environment
- An interest in working with all species
- Ability to keep facility clean and organized to a high standard
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Is able to live a vegan lifestyle while onsite
- Excellent communicator, fluent in English
- Excellent work ethic
*Couples are welcome to apply*
About Vietnam Animal Aid and Rescue
Vietnam Animal Aid and Rescue is a vegan animal rights organization that has a rescue shelter and farm sanctuary in Hoi An, Vietnam. We are part of a growing, global, non-speciesist animal rights movement that works to protect all sentient beings. Our mission is to end the pain and suffering of all species, through mass sterilization/ vaccinations, vegan education, and improving veterinary care across Vietnam. We advocate for a fully vegan lifestyle and for abolition of all animal use and exploitation.
Since 2013, we have been rescuing, rehabilitating, and re-homing hundreds of cats and dogs and with our previous clinic ran veterinary training, community sterilization, and mobile clinic programs. We are now opening a new mobile veterinary clinic to service all species who need us in central Vietnam. In 2021, once the borders reopen, we will being our veterinary training programs again with visiting veterinarians. We advocate for a fully vegan lifestyle and for abolition of all animal use and exploitation. We will accomplish our mission through sterilization/vaccination and building the veterinary industry of Vietnam to provide adequate health care for all species, while also educating people about the power of veganism to save animals, curb climate change, and protect human health.