We are actively seeking a highly talented Grants Lead who is ready to dig in as a hands-on member of our team. Self-driven and passionate about bettering our world, you will give strategic direction to Umano and write grant proposals for our organization. The grant writer will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify, research, write and submit grants and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process
- Provide detailed reports to the funders and the board of directors with respect to the organization’s progress
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities
- Develop and maintain a robust document control framework
What you bring to the team
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing administrative projects
- Strong command over written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail
- Three or more years of experience writing/managing grants and nonprofit finances
- To be able to travel as needed
Nice to have
- Sophisticated nonprofit fund and federal grant accounting and management experience
- Proficiency with accounting software, spreadsheets and data management systems
What’s in it for you
- Work from home
- Flexible hours
- Great work/life balance
- Warm and empathetic work culture
- Three week paid vacation
- Knowing you’re making an impact in the world
If you think you have what it takes to stand out and make a difference at Umano, please send us a copy of your resume and salary expectations to zehra (at) umano.org by February 15th, 2021. Please quote the job title in your subject line. We thank all who apply but will only be contacting those who are moving forwarding in the application process.
Umano embraces diversity and equal opportunity with alacrity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the more effective our work will be.
Umano’s objective is to inspire empathy in the world for our fellow humans, our animal friends, and the environment we depend on. Knowledge, courage, a healthy self-esteem, and enduring anxiety, all play a crucial role in actionable empathy. Umano is educating, creating media content, and providing funding to social enterprise initiatives with a key focus on measuring impact worldwide. As part of the Umano team, you’d be tasked with critical consideration of galvanizing empathy into action in your respective role.