We are seeking a self-driven Volunteer Lead with excellent interpersonal communication skills and passion for Umano’s ethos.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop a volunteer strategy and establish management systems
- Recruit, train, and supervise new volunteers
- Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database
- Using marketing tools such as outreach programs, e-mails, and volunteer databases
- Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organization and volunteer opportunities
- Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training
- Organizing training and leading on-the-job training
- Keeping meticulous schedules and records of volunteers’ work
- Preparing codes of conduct and operating procedures to uphold the organization’s values
- Ensuring the organization’s purpose is conveyed to the public
What you bring to the team
- Degree in business management, human resources or a related field
- Experience in volunteering and recruitment
- Working knowledge of databases
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and team building skills
- Keen attention to detail
- To be able to travel as needed
What’s in it for you
- Work from home
- Flexible hours
- Great work/life balance
- Warm and empathetic work culture
- Three week paid vacation
- Knowing you’re making an impact in the world
If you think you have what it takes to stand out and make a difference at Umano, please send us a copy of your resume and salary expectations to zehra (at) umano.org by February 15th, 2021. Please quote the job title in your subject line. We thank all who apply but will only be contacting those who are moving forwarding in the application process.
Umano embraces diversity and equal opportunity with alacrity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the more effective our work will be.
Umano’s objective is to inspire empathy in the world for our fellow humans, our animal friends, and the environment we depend on. Knowledge, courage, a healthy self-esteem, and enduring anxiety, all play a crucial role in actionable empathy. Umano is educating, creating media content, and providing funding to social enterprise initiatives with a key focus on measuring impact worldwide. As part of the Umano team, you’d be tasked with critical consideration of galvanizing empathy into action in your respective role.