Woodstock Farm Sanctuary is expanding our Caregiving Team and seeking a Full-Time Animal Caregiver
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary envisions a peaceful world rooted in respect and justice for all living beings. We rescue farmed animals and give them care and sanctuary, connect animals with people to advance veganism, and advocate for animal rights in alliance with other social justice movements.
At the heart of our mission is the hands-on work of rescuing, rehabilitating and caring for farmed animals, advocating for animal rights, and educating the public about these issues. We host thousands of visitors every year through our event, tour, and volunteer programs.
Located in New York state’s Hudson Valley region 90 minutes from New York City, the area boasts a rich cultural and artistic heritage, offering a rare mix of rural and cosmopolitan resources.
This is a non-exempt, full-time, year-round, benefits-eligible, on-site position reporting to the Shelter Director.
Animal Caregivers are responsible for the feeding, watering, administration of medications, and monitoring the physical and emotional well-being of 400 farm animals. You will be part of a team that performs health checks and health maintenance (i.e. hoof and claw trims), maintains health records, supervises interns and volunteers, cleans buildings, unloads hay, and interacts with the public on tour days and at special events.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Opening and Closing routines:
– Feeding, watering and opening all houses and barns
– Administering AM & PM medications to all residents
– Closing up all houses and barns according to weather related needs
– Making sure all residents are safe for the night
- Administering medical treatments and health maintenance
- Responsible for properly maintaining clean housing, water and bedding
- Supervising/training volunteers and interns
- Participate in proper record keeping: vigilant observation of residents for changes in behavior or condition of any kind and prompt reporting
- Enforcing all rules and protocols for visitors and volunteers on the property in a respectful manner
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing situations, such as emergency transport/vet visits/injured animals/direct rescues
- Must be a reliable team player
- Must be physically (and mentally) able to do all tasks in any weather
- Required Credentials and Experience:
- Previous experience in direct animal care, preferably including farmed animals
- Commitment to mission of the organization and being vegan
- Clean driver’s license
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other related duties to meet the on-going needs of the organization. Scheduling often includes weekend and evening hours.
– Competitive compensation
– Health insurance, including dental and vision
– 401 K retirement plan,
– Paid holidays and paid time off
– A great culture and a great team
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and three references to Hervé Breuil at email@example.com.
We regret that the number of applicants allows us to respond only to those candidates who we are interviewing. No phone calls please.
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer, committed to values of diversity and inclusion. We are an actively anti-racist organization. BIPOC individuals are encouraged to apply.
About Woodstock Farm Sanctuary
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary rescues farmed animals and gives them care and sanctuary, connects animals with people to advance veganism, and advocates for animal rights in alliance with other social justice movements. We welcome visitors to come and meet animals who are most commonly exploited, abused, and killed in animal agriculture. Our animal residents are given lifelong sanctuary and are treated with respect as individuals. By giving farmed animals the chance to live their lives with dignity and by sharing their stories, we advocate for veganism and aim to reduce suffering for all.