Essence Cuisine is a new dining concept. With a menu designed by internationally renowned Californian chef Matthew Kenney, it showcases some of the most exotic and delicious plant based dishes yet to be seen in the UK. We are on the lookout for a Restaurant Manager to work in our eatery near Old Street, East London. If you have a passion for gourmet, alternative or plant based food or want to be part of something completely new and innovative to the hospitality industry, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for someone to help guide and lead our friendly and pro-active team. Ideally, you’ll have plenty of experience within a similar role having undertaken a wide range of duties from floor, to kitchen, to back office. You will be skilled at implementing processes both back and front of house – a proven track record of creating and working with SOP’s is preferable. You will lead from the front setting an excellent example for staff to follow and will encourage a great team ethos bringing the very best out of those working alongside you.
This role is a full time position. It is preferable that you live less than 1 hour away from the restaurant.
– You will have at least three years’ management experience in a fast-paced food environment.
– Accurate cash handling and financial reporting skills.
– Highly organised stock management with ability to create and improve stock take systems.
– Proven record of leading from the front setting an excellent example for staff to follow.
– Implementing processes both back and front of house.
– Managing external partners to whom we provide our food.
– Management and coordination of projects and private functions carried out through the restaurant.
– Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to compile clear and concise handovers.
– You’ll be able to recognise individuals’ skills, strengths and weaknesses to make sure they are in the right place doing the right job on shift.
– Strong organisational skills to ensure the restaurant is opened, closed and operates efficiently and on time.
– Ability to stay calm under pressure during service and to lead your team by example.
– An ability to always see the wider view and strive to bring the Front and Back of House operations together.
In return we offer:
– A competitive salary with additional benefits.
– Monthly staff nights out.
– Specially prepared daily staff meal.
– Staff discount on all restaurant food.
– The opportunity to be part of something completely new to the hospitality industry.
– An environment where you can learn and develop, and grow professionally based on your contribution.
– Autonomy to impact how the restaurant will evolve at this early stage of the business’s growth.
Please submit your CV along with a short cover letter telling us why you’d like to work for Essence Cuisine.