Position Title: Medical Content Developer, Nutrition for Families program
Reports to: PAN USA’s Executive/Medical Director
Position Status: Full Time
Location: Remote workplace – USA, or globally
Application Deadline: March 30, 2021
To apply, please email a letter of introduction and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAN, founded in 2018, raises awareness and effects change among health professionals, the public, and policymakers about the role of whole food, plant-based nutrition in promoting good health and preventing and treating disease. PAN INT is a global NGO based in Germany, with an expanding number of national offices around the world, including PAN USA.
We strive to:
- Make nutrition education a key part of medical school training.
- Empower health professionals by providing educational seminars and tools.
- Create effective nutrition programs and resources to support patients.
- Build a global network of health professionals, scientists, and students.
We have launched a key program focused on plant-based nutrition for children and families. As PAN’s Nutrition for Families Medical Content Developer, you will be responsible for ensuring a continuing output of educational medical materials for pediatricians and other clinicians, and parents and families. You will research and create evidence-based program material. We are developing both a clinicians and parents’ advisory council, and you will work with these group as well. Along with the PAN USA Medical/Executive Director and our strategic advisory team including PAN’s International Medical Director, you will provide program leadership.
PAN consists of a team of highly-dedicated and intrinsically-motivated staff and volunteers. As a growing international nonprofit, we constantly evolve and create new working fields to advance our mission. As part of this team, you will be given the opportunity to develop ideas from the start within meaningful and diversified projects.
Develop blueprint for and create educational materials to communicate findings based on existing nutritional and medical research focused on infants, children, adolescents, and their families, and pregnant women:
- Medical articles
- fact sheets and graphics
- webinar/seminar scripts and presentations o online courses
- brochure content
- position papers
- time sensitive responses to ‘breaking news’ in lay and peer review literature
- Manage volunteers in related projects
- Represent PAN at nutrition and medical conferences
- Work with PAN’s international team, particularly the program’s core clinical team, our international Medical Content Executive, as well as marketing/communications staff and other professionals.
- Role can develop broadly into a program leadership role.
Report directly to PAN’s USA Medical/Executive Director who is the Nutrition for Families executive leader. Additionally, works closely with our international Medical Director and other key staff/teams.
We are especially interested in applicants’ commitment to the mission of PAN, and ability and commitment to provide for the core needs of the program’s early stages more than we are in absolute number of years of workplace experience. We know that no applicant will have experience in every single area described and are seeking a colleague who can efficiently and effectively multi-task many of the described roles.
- We are particularly seeking a candidate who has:
Completed professional education in nutrition science or another medical or healthcare field.
- Experience with literature reviews and/or health assessments (especially in the field of nutrition, nutrition medicine, or lifestyle medicine, and children’s health).
- The ability to communicate complex medical information in a succinct way.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills, including English fluency.
- Demonstrated initiative and accountability, with a sense of urgency to meet goals, objectives, and deadlines.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to work independently from a remote location, operating from a home or remote office with communication primarily through online and telephone.
- A flexible work schedule.
For the right individual, this is an opportunity to substantially impact both a critical, mission-oriented program and broadly, a young, growing organization committed to the health benefits of plant-based nutrition, based on science.
Strengthened by Diversity
At PAN, we believe that the best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences. Committed to inclusivity, diversity, and equity, PAN offers equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital, parental, or veteran status.
About Physicians Association for Nutrition
Physicians Association for Nutrition, founded in 2018, raises awareness and effects change among health professionals, the public, and policymakers about the role of whole food, plant-based nutrition in promoting good health and preventing and treating disease. PAN INT is a global NGO based in Germany, with an expanding number of national offices around the world, including PAN USA.