We are hiring for a strong leader, to take on the role of General Manager for our growing vegan fast casual restaurant in Buffalo, NY. This leader will be experienced in leading a diverse team of service and kitchen operations managers, in addition to full over site of the hourly support team. An ideal candidate will act as a Brand Ambassador for Big Mood, in terms of leading our restaurant, but also as an extension of the overall Brand, with goals to help grow revenue throughout the market, not just within the restaurant. This individual will also be experienced in leading a team tasked with operating in a standard restaurant model and off-premise events model. To be successful in this role, you are focused on delivering an exceptional guest experience and leading your team to achieve a high standard of service every day.
- Create a positive and productive working environment by taking an active role in leading and developing staff/managers and making employment decisions for your team
- Manage and strive to achieve all company objectives in sales, P&L results, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation
- Continuous development of staff in all areas of managerial and professional development actively leading the growth of employees in all facets of the location
- Develop, plan, and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns, in partnership with Big Mood corporate support team
- Lead weekly Management meetings, sharing successes and improvement areas with entire team
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering and overseeing all cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures
- Oversee and abide by all restaurant procedures including submitting required paperwork, effectively completing reports, and understanding how best to use those reports to increase revenues and create outstanding guest experiences
- Lead team through all facets related to hiring, staffing, and scheduling, ensuring processes are in place to maintain adequate staffing levels in all areas of the restaurant. Make recommendations as necessary based on any business or seasonal changes to effectively meet labor cost
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to the health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests
- Coordinate and lead Event Sales Team, to achieve sales targets, while ensuring profitability of event programs
- Partner and lead our growing retail line of signature products and work with corporate leadership to help expand offerings throughout the Buffalo area and beyond.
- 2+ years of GM level leadership in a fast casual food style business within the food and beverage industry
- Proven track record of delivering industry leading results in the food and beverage industry
- Knowledge of vegan and plant-based food and/or serious interest in understanding plant-based styles and the industry
- Extreme passion for leading a team of people in the hospitality industry. With a strong desire to cultivate a culture built upon providing an excellent working environment for our internal team, in tandem with an excellent experience for our guests.
- Possess technology skills including MS Office, Teams, Quickbooks, or other back office products.
- Possess excellent basic math skills
- A basic understanding of financial statements is preferred
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have the stamina to work 40-50 hours per week
- Serve Safe certification – considered a plus
A comprehensive insurance plan including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
Employee discount programs
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Big Mood Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off
Management Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: No
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
About Big Mood Inc
Buffalo NY's first all vegan and plant-based fast casual restaurant. Featured in the NY Times. Founded in 2018.