We are looking for a growth-minded Full Stack Software Engineer to build and maintain our ecommerce stack. As a DTC subscription business, our website drives the vast majority of our revenue, and the engineer in this role will be critical to our success in this next stage of our growth.
Our brand is based on Shopify with apps from the Shopify ecosystem. As we scale, we are moving our platform away from third party apps and bringing our core services in-house. The Full Stack Software Engineer will help us accelerate this transition.
The ideal candidate is fluent in ecommerce and passionate about UX and page performance. If this role is successful, Wild Earth will have a world class customer experience to support our growing subscriber base.
Location: Remote Position. Must live in California.
What you’ll do
- Write/test/deploy clean and reliable front end & back end code
- Work with our design team to ideate and build our UX
- Rapid prototyping for new funnels and other customer facing projects
- Automate business processes
- Respond to bugs and incidents as they arise
- Support internal APIs and services
What we hope you’ll bring
- Solid knowledge of React, Node.js, HTML/CSS
- Experience with Shopify, ReCharge, Google Cloud Services
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required
- Iterative “done is better than perfect” mindset
- Experience and passion for ecommerce
- Aligned with our mission to lead the pet food revolution!
What to expect
Our technical interviews use a take-home code challenge rather than whiteboarding or live coding tests. We are more interested in understanding how you think about problems and communicate your ideas, rather than how you perform in front of a whiteboard.
We understand that some of these qualities will be learned with time. Please apply even if you do not feel 100% qualified for the job. We empower all staff to develop and enhance their skill sets.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization. We envision a team that not only reflects the demographics of our country but also continues to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our audiences.
Wild Earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About Wild Earth
Wild Earth is a plant-based pet food company focused on giving pets the highest quality complete protein they deserve, with zero compromises. We harness science and technology to create cruelty free products with less environmental impact. We are a fast-moving, fast-growing direct-to-consumer company out to change the world.