We are looking for a Digital Product Designer to help us scale through human-centered design. The role sits within the Technology team, which is responsible for our ecommerce platform and customer experience. Here you will be working closely and collaborating with engineers, data scientists, and customer success.
In this role you will drive every stage of the design process, and use your full range of skills, from user research to interaction and visual design, to build seamless, intuitive, and great-looking experiences. You will also rapidly ideate, concept, and prototype new ideas at different levels of fidelity, and test in user research and with live customers.
Location: Remote Position. Must live in California.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with engineers, customer success, data, and cross-functional counterparts to understand product requirements, define goals, and map design opportunities.
- Craft wireframes, user flows, and prototypes of various fidelity levels to explore and communicate the user experience across different platforms.
- Contribute to all phases of the product design process from research and prototyping, to design execution and documentation.
- Become a champion of our users, and help advocate for design centered changes and improvements.
What we hope you’ll bring
- Hands-on experience in UI/UX design using tools like Figma, Sketch, or similar.
- A solid understanding of user research methodologies, and experience facilitating user testing sessions.
- Experience building interactive prototypes
- Experience building and working with design systems, and ability to extend them to scale
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams, and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to give and receive thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Empathy for users, including internal users, our customers, and their pets
- Alignment with our mission to lead the pet food revolution!
What to expect
We understand that some of these qualities will be learned with time. Please apply even if you do not feel 100% qualified for the job. We empower all staff to develop and enhance their skill sets.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization. We envision a team that not only reflects the demographics of our country but also continues to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our audiences.
Wild Earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About Wild Earth
Wild Earth is a plant-based pet food company focused on giving pets the highest quality complete protein they deserve, with zero compromises. We harness science and technology to create cruelty free products with less environmental impact. We are a fast-moving, fast-growing direct-to-consumer company out to change the world.