If you are looking to work in an environment where the customer experience is key to the business and where the employer looks after its people, rewarding them for being part of their success and developing them within their roles; then read on, as this may be right up your street.
Who we’re looking for
Are you passionate about working in an environment where we all support each other and there are opportunities for development?
As individuals at BReD, we are an eclectic mix of skills and passions, but it works, we’re a team. We all have one thing in common, we believe we are doing something special in this part of the world.
We are looking for a talented, friendly, enthusiastic and experienced Experienced Baker & Pastry Chef to join our crew. You will have previous experience of working in a bakery or fine-dining kitchen. Home bakers and line cooks need not apply.
· Have previous experience of working in a professional high-end baking/kitchen environment
· Be able to work efficiently, quickly and manage multiple jobs throughout the day/week
· Be passionate about vegan baking and creating delicious products on a daily basis
· Have high standards in food safety, hygiene and cleaning
· Be a team player that works well with people of varying capabilities
· Have experience of managing a small team
What we offer
- A fun and supportive team
- A solution-focused atmosphere and hard-working environment
- Opportunities for development and creative knowledge within your role
- Extended medical cover
- Full payment of ski pass after 6 months’ employment
- Vacation pay – after 5 calendar days of employment, at least 4% of wages, rising to 6%
- Free baked good/bread and coffee per shift
- Staff discount – 25% off everything, including retail
- Working with brand new, well maintained equipment
- Tip sharing – Equal share of tips split between staff (excluding owners)
- Team building days – hiking, kayaking, snowboarding/skiing, RZR touring, yoga, dinner/drinks, cinema, and extreme sports photography shows
- Responsible for opening the bakery in the morning
- Preparing, baking and decorating all small baked goods to a high standard, setting up display
- Researching, creating and testing new seasonal products
- Ensuring the quality of the goods being used is up to par and make note of when supplies are running low so that an order can be made
- Maintain the high standards of cleanliness in the bakery throughout the shift
- Managing and developing an assistant and providing direction to other colleagues
Wages and hours
Hours are 35-40 per week, from 4am – 12.30pm, Wednesday – Sunday. Salary is $18 – $20/hr (approx. $23-$26/hr inc. tips). Start date: 16th June 2021.
How to apply
Please complete the application form on our website and send to HR@edsbred.com
We welcome applications from people who are already resident in Canada or who have an existing work visa, valid until June 2022.
Start date: 16th June 2021.
The application deadline is 5pm, Monday 22nd June 2021.
The first round of interviews will be held from 1st June 2021, or earlier.
BReD as an organisation values equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that tackles any structural discrimination or prejudice. We are actively trying to increase diversity in our organisation and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
BReD is an exciting ‘Award Winning’, 100% plant-based organic sourdough bakery and café, in the heart of Whistler, Creekside, one minute away from the gondola; in the area often referred to as the ‘Sea to the Sky Corridor.’
Launched in March 2019, Ed and Natasha opened BReD to combine a healthy eating experience, with sustainable foods and beverages in a modern and casual setting.
BReD is a very popular venue for visitors to the area and the local community. BReD also has an online baked good service which has been extremely successful over the last year.