Faunalytics is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization that empowers animal advocates with access to research, analysis, strategies, and messages that maximize their effectiveness to reduce animal suffering. Our team is dedicated to helping animals by providing useful information to advocates to help them increase their impact. Our work involves maintaining an extensive animal advocacy research library, conducting original research on topics that are important to the animal protection movement, and working directly with other organizations to ensure they have the insight and information they need to succeed.
Working alongside the the Executive Director, Faunalytics’ Philanthropy Officer will help raise funds for the organization’s research and programs via:
- Support the Executive Director in executing the organization’s Fundraising Plan.
- Assist with overall fundraising efforts, including donor research, outreach, and engagement (individuals, employee matching, and corporate giving).
- Design and execute a strategy for engaging donors in online peer-to-peer/social media fundraising.
Support the development and execution of Faunalytics’ Spring fundraising campaign and annual Giving Tuesday/Year End fundraising efforts.
- Assist in growing monthly donor support and reengaging lapsed donors.
- Assist in developing a program for support through trusts and bequests.
- Identify new funding opportunities from philanthropic foundations.
- Assist with developing proposals, applications, and reports for foundation grants.
- Manage grant reporting calendar and accurately track and monitor grant funds.
- Responsible for gift processing (data entry into our donor software and gift acknowledgement).
- Oversee record keeping and sales acknowledgements for Faunalytics’ online store.
- Handle charitable compliance (registration and report filings) with the Secretary of State.
- Maintain Faunalytics’ GuideStar profile and liaison with third-party fundraising sites as needed.
- Supervise fundraising and administrative volunteers.
- Misc. development and administrative tasks as they arise.
- Belief in Faunalytics’ mission and animal protection
- Three or more years of nonprofit development/fundraising experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Self-driven and able to work remotely with limited oversight
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small team, including a willingness to help other team members as needed
- Familiarity with Google for business (Docs/Sheets/Drive)
- Commitment to a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- Five or more years of nonprofit development/fundraising experience for an animal-related organization
- Familiarity with social science research
- Familiarity with effective animal advocacy and effective altruism
- Familiarity with communication tools including Slack and Asana
- Familiarity with Eleo (donor software)
- Familiarity with Quickbooks Online
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Schedule: Part-time (20 hours/week, flexible)
- Salary: $21-$23/hr USD (depending on experience and education)
- Benefits: Health care stipend, equipment stipend, 5 paid vacation days, 5 paid holidays, and 8 paid sick days
- Location: Permanently remote (US or Canada preferred)
- Deadline: Apply by July 31, 2021
How To Apply
Faunalytics is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization that empowers animal advocates with access to the research and data they need to reduce animal suffering. With our small team, we conduct essential research, maintain an online research library, and directly support advocates and organizations in their work to save lives.