Are you wanting to make a difference every day, for people’s health, animals, and the planet — working with a passionate vegan team?
Are you organized and self-motivated, and looking to grow within a fast-paced mission-driven organization? If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
We’re looking for fellow vegans, vegetarians, and people transitioning to either to join our dedicated team in Tempe, Arizona: LeafSide is a late-stage startup, offering innovative 100% whole-food plant-based (WFPB) meal packs. Our mission is to make healthy, nutritionally-optimal, whole-food plant-based eating so easy and enjoyable, that it becomes a societal norm.
Salary & Benefits
- Full-time, Monday through Friday, 40 hours/week, 7am-4pm.
- Starting pay is $15.00 per hour, with a trial period of up to 1 month (up to 160 hours). Further raises up to $16.25 per hour and beyond can happen within 3-8 months of your starting date, for consistent good performance. Raises, promotions, and bonuses, along with more responsibilities, are offered as soon as you’re ready, based on performance, your skills development, and your initiative and drive.
- PTO per year is up to 2 weeks (4 paid holidays, 5 sick days, and 7 vacation days) which is accrued per pay period.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available
- Monthly team events: ie. volunteering at local animal sanctuaries, community gardens; pizza parties; birthday treats.
- Complimentary LeafSide meals every shift and employee discount on LeafSide products
- Food preparation or similar experience, emphasizing accurate and speedy execution, and cleanliness.
- Good attention to detail: e.g. reading and following instructions carefully.
- You enjoy working with your hands in general, and you have above-average hand-eye coordination.
- Your stamina should be above-average: you’ll be on your feet doing light movements, for much of the time at work (with breaks).
- Self-motivated & proactive approach: You ask questions and do whatever is needed to ensure work you’re proud of.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn in a startup environment: we move and change a lot faster than traditional food companies, and expect all teammates to adopt the growth-mindset.
- Strong interest in plant-based nutrition; it’s great if you’re a health nut or rapidly becoming one, and (want to) know how powerful whole foods plant-based nutrition can be, in maximizing health and performance.
- Meal production: Follow detailed recipe cards to label, assemble, pick/fill, and heat-seal meal packs in large batches.
- Cleaning of tools, and food production spaces.
- Other responsibilities: Depends on your background, motivation, and commitment to growth. : -) We have a clear structure of increasing skills, responsibilities, and pay for teammates who prove themselves and want to grow.
You’ll be working with a dedicated team of high-energy, like-minded, mission-focused people, who know they’re making a real difference every day. If that sounds like you and how you want to work, get in touch! Please apply via our job post on Indeed:
Pssst…If you’ve read this far and want to stand out from the majority of candidates: Be sure to tell us very clearly where you are in your vegan/vegetarian journey, why you want to work with us, AND be sure to pay attention to detail by doing the assessment and audio questions, so that your application is as strong as possible. : -)
Also, we use Indeed messaging for all initial communications. To ensure receiving important messages about interviews and on-site visits, turn on SMS alerts for Indeed, and/or for this particular job. Due to many applications, if we message you and don’t hear back, we’ll assume you’re no longer interested, which could be unfortunate if Indeed messages are just sitting in your junk folder. Thanks!
LeafSide is a fast growing company, offering innovative, 100% whole-food plant-based meal packs. Our mission: make healthy, optimal-nutrition food so simple and easy, that it becomes the societal norm. Visit us at www.goleafside.com.