We are a growing quick print commercial company that offers full-service – vegan, eco-friendly and affordable print production solutions to a variety of clients across various industries. Our expertise in print includes packaging, marketing displays, catalogs, apparel, retail signage, mailings, and more.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled Print Production Manager to manage our print production/logistic needs in south Los Angeles. This role will manage over 4-6 people onsite and coordinate with the Sales team:
The Print Production Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the production and implementation of all print deliverables among the onsite & remote teams.
This role is responsible for managing projects from beginning to end with minimal oversight. To be successful in this position, the candidate should be an individual who is self-motivated, adaptable in high-stress environment, good interpersonal skills, tech-savvy, with strong communication and highly organized skills.
Must be comfortable working both independently and within team environment, solution-oriented, and sharply focused with a keen eye for detail.
- Oversee & coordinate Print Production (Bindery, Press, Digital, Skills+) & Project + Sales Management
- Lead/Co-Lead daily morning onsite production meetings, reviews, and attend other project-based meetings as needed.
- Working closely and reporting to Managing Director daily
- Able to learn, operate, maintain/fix, and train others on all machinery & production process as needed: bindery, press, digital copiers, direct mail programs, postage optimization, offset, etc.
- Possibly able to negotiate pricing with shippers and arrange/supervise delivery schedules for all projects
- Continually look for ways to enhance efficiency and productivity through process improvements, task automation, and new technology adaptation.
- Facilitate relationships between remote and onsite team members, ensuring up-to-date information on each project is communicated & coordinated.
- Cost-effectively purchase, plan, manage and track stock & inventory throughout the production process to facilitate accurate and timely delivery
- High quality control (QC) of all inventory & final products coming in from and going out to vendors, teams, etc.
- Facilitate communication effectively from one-on-one to large groups.
- Ability to work with remote oversea team members and adapt to cultural differences where necessary.
- MUST have 5+ years of experience in print production management
- Possess knowledge how to operate a variety machinery: Prepress, bindery, press, digital copiers, direct mail programs, postage optimization, offset
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in business, project management, or a related field.
- Must possess exceptional time management, excellent verbal/written communication skills, ability to make sound decisions & think strategically, focus on detail, problem solve, multi-task, and have an excellent memory.
- Ability to input & organize information quickly, according to priorities and deadlines.
- Proven effectiveness & maintain professionalism when working under pressure.
- Knowledge and experience with design and production processes.
- Flexibility is key to this role as you may be required to work extended hours.
- Solid understanding of file specifications: resolution, color space and other technical requirements of assets needed for print image production.
- Experience using the latest version of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator
- Must have both Mac & Windows OS proficiency.
About Vegan Printer
We are a small and growing printing company serving the veg community, businesses and organizations across the US to meet various print needs.