RESTAURANT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – 6 MONTH ROLLING CONTRACT – STARTING IN OCTOBER – £30k pro rata.
Happy Maki is about to undergo an exciting restructure, due to a transition from a small to medium sized business. We are looking for someone with restaurant management experience to come in for 6 months and help us achieve our goals in becoming a more streamlined, ethical and effective business across the board. From managing our staffing teams to standardising our processes and customer experience across both our restaurant and takeaway sites in the North and South Lanes respectively. This will be a very rewarding positing with tangible improventemts as we are keen to grow and develop our much loved vegan sushi sites in Brighton. The role will suit someone who can bring restaurant management experience with great people skills along side a passion for organisation, communication and customer experience who is keen to be part of a progressive and exciting ethical vegan business.
In this role you will be the point of contact for the business manager and company owner as well as overseeing both sites. The role will involve 4.5 – 5 days work a week consisting of two days at each location working with store managers (8 pool Valley and 23 Sydney street) and the remaining time spent on administration and development.
If your interesting in being part of a company that is pioneering healthy fast vegan food as well as financial ethics then this would be a great role for you, there will also be scope to extend the position for a further 6 months into the Summer to continue development or to take on the role of Brighton general manager should this new structure be working well for the company. Key personality traits that we look for in our employees are hard working, self repsonabile individuals who care and are invested in what they do. With Love and Truth as our business founding principles, kindness and transparency are essential traits we look for in all who work with us.
● Rota manamenet using Square teams
● Process and product control across both site
● Problem solving and process improvement to ensure hightest ethics of operation.
● Communication with Business manager & owner to make improvements in the most efficient way possible
● People management
● Ensureing onboarding process is followed correctly
● Ensireing staff feedback and reviews are being clearly and honestly communicated.
● Making sushi burritos and serving customers
● Ensuring a high level of cleanliness at all times in the shop
● Ensuring a positive gift economy experience for customers
● Cleaning, deep cleaning and washing up
● Vegetable prep
● Making orders for Deliveroo and Uber eats
● Good understanding of ingredients and allergens
● On feet being active for all of the day.
● Self Responsible
● Enjoys engaging with customers and has a passion for good customer service
● Level 2 Food hygiene certificate, completed before starting with us.
● Physically fit and healthy
● Enjoys working as a team
● Kind and considerate character
If you’d love to work for Happy Maki and help us grow and develop as a business please apply through veganjobs.com or the instructions on our website.
About Happy Maki
Vegan sushi burritos and bowls. Rolled to order, Healthy fast food driven by business ethics and a passion for the environment.