The FOH Lead oversees the front of house service at MOTHER, ensuring that the team are engaged, high standards and retained and that customers are satisfied. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to take the lead in transforming the cafe into the next stage of its development.
FRONT OF HOUSE
- Work primarily on Front of House shifts to be the pulse of the cafe, always looking for ways to take service + engagement to the next level.
- Engage with customers in a positive and uplifting way, including taking orders and upselling.
- Liaise with the kitchen including ensuring that all orders go out on time.
- Basic food and drinks preparation to a high standard and complete Level 2 food safety cert.
- Ensure that food delivery apps are always on and up to date with the correct menu.
- Receive deliveries and put away stock.
- Be a source of inspiration + support for the rest of the FOH team.
- Manage the FOH team with the support of the Operations Manager.
- Ensure staff sickness is reported + covered as needed + that absence or lateness is dealt with directly and reported if consistent.
- Allocate stations/tasks to the team per shift.
- Attend MOTHER Board meetings and report back to the FOH team when required.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Conduct daily health and safety checks.
- Ensure the fridges/displays are stocked + clean.
- Ensure all FOH stock is correctly stored and labelled.
- Maintain the upkeep of the first aid kit – replenishing stock when required.
- Report any incidents and accidents.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and site areas to a high standard.
- Ensure that team members are following processes and procedures in MOTHER’s Way.
- Manage FOH stock including orders, procurement and on site stock management.
- Ensure that every customer has a positive experience with MOTHER.
- Manage the reservation booking system.
- Respond to private event and catering enquiries and leading on events.
SUSTAINABILITY + COMMUNITY
- Maintain a waste log, look for efficiencies in production and report on regularly.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The MOTHER FOH Lead will have:
- Passion for and commitment to MOTHER’s vision and values including equal opportunities, intersectionality and anti-racism.
- Experience of working in a busy hospitality setting. Leadership experience is desirable.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate and solid understanding of health and safety in a cafe environment.
- A problem-focused attitude and the ability to use initiative.
- Excellent people skills including the ability to support a team and provide a next level customer experience.
- Good grasp of written and spoken English.
- Good numeracy skills for stock checks and orders.
- Ample technological skills to use apps and spreadsheets.
- Right to work in the UK.
£12/hour, c.40 hours/week + attractive benefits package.
MOTHER aims to bring you accessible organic plant-based food in an eco conscious environment.
MOTHER is feeding the revolution, for health, and the wealth of the planet. Less waste, more love, there is no time but the present to be aware and awake.