Fresh Central Kitchen (1786 Mattawa Avenue, Mississauga, ON L4X 1K1)
Our hard-working production staff from our Fresh Central Kitchen play an integral role in our team of Fresh Restaurants. Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be preparing, cooking and packaging soups, sauces and dressings that form the core of our plant-based Fresh menu. The ideal candidate would be a team player who can communicate clearly while working in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail. This role requires a reliable individual that is able to produce consistent results at a high volume.
The production team operates 7 days a week. Employees have varying start times between 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM. Shifts are 6 to 8 hrs long and the last shift ends at 8:00 PM. There is a set schedule, and weekend availability is required.
What Are We Looking For?
- Open and flexible schedule availability including weekends
- Ability to complete physically demanding tasks – stand for long periods, lift 50lbs, bend and reach, working in cold and hot environments, etc.
- Comfortable with handling a knife and large food preparation equipment
- Has Food Handler Certification and WHMIS Certification
- Experience working in catering, high volume kitchen or handling shipping and receiving (bonus)
- Has First Aid & CPR Certification (bonus)
What’s In It For You?
Fresh Restaurants values resilience, accountability and inclusivity. Our culture of trust allows our employees to find satisfaction in working hard as a fun, diverse team. With ample room to grow, other employees in the Production Cook position have moved into other roles such as Assistant Production Manager and Line Cook. Employees are motivated by the positive brand and continuous career growth. We offer:
- Paid Breaks
- Free parking
- Employee Health Plan – Available after 1 month, includes coverage for vision, dental, massage, therapy, and more
- Free Meals – Free food item while on shift, 50% while off shift
- Discounts – All Fresh team members get discounts at local gyms and retailers
- Continuous Learning – Participate in leadership training, including constant diversity and inclusion workshops
- COVID-19 Safety Procedures – Fresh has extensive COVID-19 guidelines that put our teams’ health and safety first
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensures all food preparation is completed to company standards and on time
- Completes food preparation with minimal wastage by using ingredients based on proper rotation and according to recipe specifications
- Adheres to shipping requirements when fulfilling orders, sending orders out and receiving orders in
- Maintains an organized and clean kitchen during their shift
- Follows recipe and process requirements to ensure product consistency
- Cleans and sanitizes all dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in a timely manner
- Emphasizes the safety, sanitation and security awareness when working with urgency to meet production deadlines
- Keeps storage places organized ensuring all supplies are visible most frequently used items are not on top shelves
- Empties out garage, compost and recycling bins
- Breaks down boxes and containers to put them in the recycling
- Attends pre-shift meetings and is prepared to participate by actively listening and working towards a harmonious workflow
- Communicates openly with management about concerns regarding workflow and equipment
About Fresh Central Kitchen
Since our launch almost 30 years ago, we’ve made it our mission to prove that a plant-powered diet can be satisfying, energizing and undeniably delicious. We craft award-winning fresh food and juices you can feel good about. The kind that brings positive energy to carry you through the rest of your day. That’s the Fresh feeling, and it’s something you’ll never stop craving.
This is all made possible with the help of our team at Fresh Central Kitchen. If you think our delicious soups, sauces, and dressings are made by magic, you’re close – they’re made by our amazing team here at Fresh Central Kitchen. We’re a food production commissary that allows Fresh to create its own unique recipes from scratch and we pride ourselves on consistency and quality.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fresh strives to further challenge and disrupt the status quo to become a champion of diversity, inclusion, equity and anti-oppression. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization through inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and work environments. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We are pleased to provide accommodations at any point to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable application process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.
About Fresh Restaurants
Since 1999, Fresh has been Toronto’s original source for modern plant-based food. We offer a full line of raw, organic cold pressed juices, and craft cocktails made with local artisanal ingredients. For 20 years it’s been our mission to prove that a plant-based diet can be satisfying, energizing and crave-able. Our food is made daily, in-house, from whole, natural ingredients.