Join our team to build mobile app & website community. Our Agile development cycles are short, the creativity and efforts are quickly reflected and used by millions of users quickly. If you are passionate facilitating building a platform with impact every day, join us!
- A Hands-on position that requires ownership, accountability, self-motivation and problem-solving skills
- Involved in analysis, functional, technical designs & specifications, testing, working with multifunctional team from around the world
- Focus on both consumer mobile application & website delivery, involve both frontend and backend projects
- Responsible for the Product roadmap and prioritization, in collaboration with Development & Product team
- Manage concurring projects under demanding timelines, inc. defining scope, develop functional requirements, coordination, time management, resource allocation, prioritization, execution etc.
- Act as a key team member, communicate with and facilitate across functions, leading daily stand-ups, requirement sessions, design meetings, progress tracking, status meetings etc.
- Review existing processes and usher new workflows, update latest market practices and tools, to drive optimization and efficiency
- Empower team to make things happen by identifying and clearing potential barriers, paving the way to success
- Be ready to work on scope beyond Project Management
- Minimum 2 years experience in project management with consumer mobile application / web
iOS and Android build and submission experience within App Store and Google Play highly desirable
- Understanding of common Agile practices
- Strong technical proficiency for mobile applications, web applications & development, systems integration, product release and support requirements
- Outstanding communication, presentation & interpersonal skills (lead requirements sessions, work scope break down & allocation, design meetings, progress and status meetings), both business and engineering facing
- Data-driven, Strong business sense, analytical and problem solving skills
- Results oriented with overall business objectives end in mind
- Ability to sense and grasp issues quickly & accurately while factoring in technical dependencies & system limitations
- Ability to make informed-decisions & cascading choices
- Ability to lay out options, frame technical solutions and negotiate for team consensus
- Excellent organizational, management skills
- Strong attention to detail & the pursuit of execution excellence
- A leader and a team player who is always ready to contribute more
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, Project Management Professional certification highly desirable
HappyCow is an online service that was founded in 1999 to create a world guide to vegetarian and vegan restaurants. That objective has since been refined to be to assist, "people everywhere to find vegan, vegetarian, and healthy food".
Access is free to users, who can also provide content. From the original restaurant listings and reviews, HappyCow has expanded to feature information on recipes, travel, health, and other topics.
User access is free to encourage crowd-sourced content provision. The number of listings has expanded to over 50,000 businesses in over 175 countries around the world. Reviews of these listings number over 150,000. Restaurants remain the core listings group and are categorised as either, vegan, vegetarian, or veg-friendly. The initial definition for veg-friendly was based on a minimum menu content being at least 60% vegetarian. This has since been modified into a more flexible set of guidelines based on the alternative availability of vegan food in the area. HappyCow's orientation in general has gravitated over time to be increasingly pro-vegan.
Other listings additionally include health food shops, juice bars, vegan friendly accommodation, social and activity groups, catering operations and other entities with consideration for animal compassion. Subscription for a free newsletter is available. The website has well established forum and blog sections allowing users to publish relevant material.