We’re very excited to announce that the Love Shack is looking for a full time venue and events manager.
The Love Shack is located in Cambridge Heath, East London, a short 5 minute walk from Bethnal Green. We’re a fully Vegan restaurant, cocktail bar and events space comprising three exposed brick railway arches. The Shack is an incredibly unique space with a vibrant culture celebrating arts, music, and creativity
We are getting busier by the week and with more and more events coming through for our new venue space we now need a full time manager to manage bookings, events and take over lot of admin duties
We are looking for an experienced restaurant manger with a broad knowledge of the hospitality sector to take over the day to day operations of the venue and drive the business forward.
You will be in charge of all staff including kitchen, FOH and Bar, working in harmony with the two owners who are very hands on themselves
The right candidate will be outgoing, enthusiastic, creative and full of ideas that will help the business grow, coupled with a determination to bring out the best in their teammates and allow them to develop also.
We are looking for someone that understands team dynamics and can direct and command their staff in a way that is encouraging and positive whilst also ensuring the job is done effectively and moral is kept up
The role will involve various aspects and full training will be provided in all areas and in the platforms used here.
Interviewing new starters / hiring process
– New starter process. Hiring and contracts
– Overseeing front of house manager to ensure training is provided to all staff
– Conducting periodic staff reviews
– Scheduling staff based on analytical revenue data and by scheduling for events to ensure the venue is appropriately staffed at all times
Staff training & organisation on the floor
– Staff management on shift to ensure everyone is working in the correct positions and customers are being dealt with properly during busy periods
– Disciplinary procedures
– Dealing with HR issues
– Approving staff hours / Holiday management/ collating and sending to accountants
– Dealing with customer enquiry emails, sending booking forms and dealing with restaurant bookings via opentable
– The role will involve speaking to potential bookings for the various spaces we hire, establishing their needs and ensuring we can accommodate it
– Event management from initial enquiry through to the implementation of the event
– Ensuring that the event is communicated thoroughly to everyone involved and that all health and safety concerns are addressed
– Conducting risk assessments
– Dealing with all existing events such as our regular comedy nights, sofar sounds and others
An aspect of the role will involve generating new business opportunities, customer outreach and customer satisfaction
This role is not going to be suitable unless you have had experience managing a busy venue or restaurant and we will be checking all references thoroughly to ensure that each candidate has the right credentials for the role.
Pay will be salaried and is dependant on experience / up to £35,000
About Love Shack
Love Shack is many things; a cafe, creative space, smoothie/juice bar, restaurant and bar, but most importantly a space that encourages self expression, peace and freedom.
Love Shack. A plastic free patch of vegan paradise that started in the heart of Hackney but has big dreams.
A place where the food is good, the drinks are great, the music has rhythm and the vibes are just lovely
We have hammocks, dogs, bean bags and everything you could possibly want.