We are looking for someone to join us full time from the start of September, in our Kentish Town cafe as part of the front of house team, with a focus on coffee.
4-5 shifts per week
Early starts (6.30 earliest)
9.75/hour (+holiday pay)
- Experience in coffee and front of house.
- Strong work ethic, timekeeping, thoroughness.
- Keenness to learn new skills and chip in everywhere needed.
- Flexible with shifts, weekend work a must.
- Strong interest in veganism (being vegan not essential, we’ll work on that 😉
- Hosting – in truth, your customer service is more important than the food – we are commonly the first people our customers speak to each day and we have the opportunity to start their day beautifully. You need to bring your morning A-game and have people wanting to come back again and again.
- Coffee – you’ll be knocking out up to 300 coffees everyday, so you need to know your way around a coffee machine, ideally with experience using scales and timers for shots.
- Cleaning – daily cleaning rotas and keeping your station spotless; essential. Dishes, mopping, etc…
- Basic food prep – from time to time you’ll need to help out the food team.
- We are growing – there will be opportunities to help us open new shops and grow with the business.
- Festivals and events are being booked in, so you’ll have the chance to get involved in them.
Please send in a CV or a short paragraph detailing relevant experience and why you would like to work for us. Then tell us the last mind-blowing vegan meal you ate. Looking forward to hearing from you all,
About The Fields Beneath
We've been around over 5 years, only turning vegan in March 2017. Best choice we ever made, our food is better than ever and we're busier than ever. Our aim is to use food and drink to smash any negative pre-conceptions people have about vegan food. We don't advertise that we're vegan, but let our food and coffee speak for itself.
Our shop is in Kentish Town and we have grown to now have our own production kitchen. New sites will be coming by End of 2018 and we'll need a solid team to grow with us.