Location: Remote, preference for Puerto Rico or within flight distance in the mainland United States
Grade: Open to both part-time and full-time applicants
State Date: February 2022
Salary: Commensurate with experience and location
Language: English and Spanish required
Casa Vegana is seeking an Executive Director to help our growing organization reach its full potential as Puerto Rico’s leading vegan nonprofit. The Executive Director will work closely with the Board of Directors, the Program Director, and Casa Vegana’s growing team. The Executive Director will oversee strategy, operations, and finance. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: fundraising and budget management, strategic planning, team hiring and management, program development and management, and legal compliance.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage Casa Vegana’s growing team, including program and project management, the hiring and retention of staff and contractors, and the development of organization culture.
- Provide team members with feedback, opportunities for professional development, and support in meeting the organization’s objectives.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with partner organizations, supporters, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Lead Casa Vegana’s strategic planning processes including the development of new programs and evaluation methods to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal guidelines and sound risk management practices.
- Develop, implement, and monitor sound and compliant financial management practices, including the creation and maintenance of comprehensive budgets.
- Develop and execute all fundraising and development initiatives.
- Partner with the Board to help ensure the Board’s directives and policies are carried out.
- Advocate Casa Vegana’s mission to internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to Casa Vegana’s mission and vision.
- Successful management experience.
- Successful development experience.
- Strong self-direction and self-motivation.
- The ability to work effectively within diverse communities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- An understanding of Puerto Rican culture and history.
To apply, please contact email@example.com with a cover letter and resume. Applications received before January 21 will receive priority consideration.
About Casa Vegana de la Comunidad
About Casa Vegana de la Comunidad
Founded in 2017, Casa Vegana de la Comunidad has grown into Puerto Rico’s leading vegan education and outreach organization and a vegan resource hub for the larger Spanish-speaking world. We offer workshops, events, and community support from our base in San Juan, where we operate a community center, offer in-person vegan cooking lessons, and operate a small animal sanctuary.
Casa Vegana is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and consider all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic. For any questions or if you are in need of any assistance, please reach out via email. If you do not meet the above qualifications but believe you would be a great fit, please feel free to apply.